• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ACS Anyone? - Sept

Barracuda13

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm booked for Acs in september , and i was wondering if anyone else is going around the same time 18-22.
Also i d like to thank the people who posted lots of useful info here, they all helped a lot so thx again.
by the way, does anyone use X-plane v8 on mac?

take care

Kinda of off-topic I guess, but does anyone know which aircraft is used during the sim-portion of ACS?

Good luck Barracuda, all the best. I'll be there in a couple years hopefully. Let us know how you make out.

Not a particular type of aircraft.  Just a generic panel.  It's single Engine, fixed pitch prop.

Max

SupersonicMax said:
Not a particular type of aircraft.  Just a generic panel.  It's single Engine, fixed pitch prop.

Max

I use a number of flight sims as home. Would you say it's benificial to do so? If nothing else, just to become familar with basic instrumentation and what not? I generally fly using a 172, as it's pretty basic - sounds like thats maybe the most like the sim aircraft at ASC, correct?

I"m on ACS right now, day one hehe. I used microsoft flight sim 2004. I did some of the flight lessons that teach you traffic patterns. Got my microsoft private pilots license :)

Quyen said:
I"m on ACS right now, day one hehe. I used microsoft flight sim 2004. I did some of the flight lessons that teach you traffic patterns. Got my microsoft private pilots license :)

When do you get to fly in the sim? Let me know what it's like whe you've don it! Good luck by the way

Quyen said:
wonder if they'll let you skip PFT!  ;D

Hi guys thx hopefully i ll have some good news, i also use c172 on x-plane although the f-22 is tempting :) a lot of ppl said the sim at acs is really sensative so i set it to max sensitivity which reminds me of my gf :) anyways btw good luck Quyen , and all the best to others too. keep us updated..

Yoyo whats up from trenton ACS day 2.  Well had two sessoins today. I gotta say its stressful but really fun at the sametime. One of the guys in our course dropped out today, couldn't handle the morning course. My advice to all is what has been said many times before, RELAX and listen to instructions. When you start to hear warnings don't freak  out thinking you're gonna fail, they are there as warnings so you dont go to far off course. Well time to goto the canex and the museum, talk to ya'll tommorow, let ya know if i pass. I should know around 10 or 11am.

Quyen

I suggest you practice in Flight Sim, IMC, full sensitivity on the C172.  Practice rate 1 turns, descents, climbs (at constant rates).

Max

SupersonicMax said:
I suggest you practice in Flight Sim, IMC, full sensitivity on the C172.  Practice rate 1 turns, descents, climbs (at constant rates).

Max

What would you say is the most important thing to keep in mind during the sim portion of ACS? I've heard that it's not really designed to pick out the best pilots, but more so to pick out the best/fastest learners and those who can react well under stress and pressure.

I mean candidates with hundreds of previous hours and commercial liscences who freak out have been known to get the axe and 'virgin flyers' like myself make it through. So if you could pick 2 or 3 things to keep in mind while in the sim, what would they be?

"check altitude", "check heading", "check airspeed"  ;D
The three phrases you will come to know and love. 
On a serious note, all you can really do is to keep mentally focused and don't panic.  Show up to the training sessions well rested and "fly the plane, don't let the plane fly you" (don't just react, be proactive: don't just check the instruments that are yelling at you, do a "cross check").

Good Luck

Well hello from trenton day 3 acs. I FREAKIN PASSED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Just had the xrays done, Time to go get hammered at the officers mess. Leaving for toronto at 6. Good luck to all that come here ::) its a good tiem

QUyen

Congrats! The medical in TO are interesting, especially the cognitive tests.

Enjoy IAP/BOTP  ;D

Quyen said:
Well hello from trenton day 3 acs. I FREAKIN PASSED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Just had the xrays done, Time to go get hammered at the officers mess. Leaving for toronto at 6. Good luck to all that come here ::) its a good tiem

QUyen

Congrats man, thats awesome!

PM me and tell me all about would ya - well, as much as you can tell me. I'd really really appreciate it, as I'm doing the same in the not too distant future.

Hey congrats Quyen; good luck with the medical, i'd appreciate a bit info on how it was too, (not the if i tell you i have to kill you stuff:) )
Also i never tried Ms FS but on x-plane ,flying c172 is hell with full sensitivity, as i mentioned before if anyone has any knowledge on x-plane pls pm me.

how many quarters does the CAPSS take anyways?:)

Not everybody can fly the X-Plane

??? hmm GAP i think this picture might be fake...

... they didn t start making them until early 50s  ;D

Does anyone know that fail/pass rate for ACS..or at least ballpark?

It really varies from serial to serial...  On mine, 8/12 passed PLT, 4/12 passed for ANAV, 2 failed Aircrew Medical in Toronto.  On an other serial my roommate when back in 1st year at RMC (lonnng time ago  ;)), 2/10 passed for PLT and none for ANAV...

Max

Back