• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Addressing the "look around the forums and you will find your answer" answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnars

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been reading the forums for awhile now and I continue to see postings from people who are new to the process (like me) or trying to make a decision whether to join or not. Often my impression of some of the questions is that they are a way for a newbie provide a question to join this on line community. I think that it could be rather intimidating to some to be told to just keep searching. God bless the individuals that have answered a question or two of mine by attaching the link to the thread with my needed answer. Not everyone has the time to comb through so many threads and therefore, I believe, extend their requests to those with more accumulated knowledge.

That being said, I will extend my thanks to the senior members who continue to post an immense amount of useful information and news!

I agree with the OP that when the answer "use the search function" is given, it does more to put off new members to this forum than anything else. The search function would be more useful if there was an option to search by date as well as topic. Because honestly, reading through 5 years of old posts on some of the recruiting and mil admin topics is useless. Things have changed so much that it provides more bad info than good.

But hey, if I'd used the search function, I'd probably found someone else had made these same comments in "countless other threads".

Oh no we don't.

I am nipping the annual, pre-summer, I got my thread locked, because I want to be spoon fed rant thread.

Been done too many times.  If you had used the search function you would have found that.  Here lemme feed you a spoonful;

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,9.0.html

Try

Tone and Content on Army.ca
Milnet.ca: Setting proper expectations
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - A Directory

You want to introduce yourself, do so, you want to be lazy and asked a question, that has been answered, not on.  As for dissuading people, maybe you can quantify that?  Lemme help you, by showing the amount that leave because they are dissatisfied by the conduct of senior members;

Milnet.ca Routine Orders

And Super Applicant has been stomped on by the Ultimate Super Here, Wonder Tess......

And this one is a lock.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

captloadie said:
The search function would be more useful if there was an option to search by date as well as topic. Because honestly, reading through 5 years of old posts on some of the recruiting and mil admin topics is useless. Things have changed so much that it provides more bad info than good.

Perhaps you failed to notice that the SEARCH PAGE lets you limit the age of returned threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back