• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afraid to call a recruiter.

Surfing_Milk

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

As you can see by the title I am afraid to call a recruiter. I have been thinking about apply to the forces for a long time and have thought about going in as a reserve to "get my feet wet". I have looked all over the forces site. I have seen the videos and read about life in the forces full & part time everything to jobs to training to everyday life.

So why am i afraid?

Well I am from BC and when i look for recruiters there are many to choose from each branch. The career I have most interest in is http://www.forces.ca/en/job/materialstechnician-41 This career falls under the army branch and there is no part time option.

As I look through each of the recruiting places they show the jobs available and which are hiring but none are of my choice which is fine cause its not available part time but any other career either doesnt interest me or the recruiting center is on the island or somewhere up north.

I know there are other jobs that I may like but they dont say there hiring. What do I do?
Can I still phone or even visit a center that isnt looking for jobs?
What happens then?

Thank you brother for your reply.

I am aware that MatTech is hiring but its only available full-time. Anyway I'm gonna give a recruiter a call tomorrow and see where this all goes.

By the way I was looking up info for Component Transfer and some guys were saying it can take anywhere from 2+ months to 5+ years??  But thanks again sir hopefully all goes well and I can get some info I need.

Good day,

Calling a recruiter is nothing to be afraid about. We are here to assist and provide answers to anyone wishing to learn more about joining the Canadian Armed Forces Regular Force or Primary Reserve Force. 

The occupations that you see per Primary Reserve unit location in BC on the website as now hiring belong to that Primary Reserve unit in that area. The main recruiting centers for BC that can answer any of your questions and lead you in the right direction are the Vancouver and Victoria recruiting centers.

You can also ask questions regarding different entry plans or occupations here on this form.

Master Corporal Steven said:
Good day,

Calling a recruiter is nothing to be afraid about. We are here to assist and provide answers to anyone wishing to learn more about joining the Canadian Armed Forces Regular Force or Primary Reserve Force. 

The occupations that you see per Primary Reserve unit location in BC on the website as now hiring belong to that Primary Reserve unit in that area. The main recruiting centers for BC that can answer any of your questions and lead you in the right direction are the Vancouver and Victoria recruiting centers.

You can also ask questions regarding different entry plans or occupations here on this form.

Thank you Steven. But if I am to phone them  would I just say "hey I'm ___ and I am considering a career in the army". I have read the forums but haven't found anything on what you say over the phone or even an email.

Thanks again.

Eye In The Sky said:
Holy crap man.  If you are too scared to make a phone call, why not apply online?

I know we live in a politically correct world and all BUT if you don't have the 'nads to make a phone call are you sure you are making the right career choice? 

As for what to say...sorry again but  ::).  If you wanted to buy a car, would you know what to say if you called a car dealer?

You are interested in MatTech, and it shows as only Reg Force.  If you apply for MatTech, that means you are applying Reg Force not Reserve Force (part-time).  If you don't want to do Regular Force, don't apply to be a MatTech.  2+2=4 kinda thing.

Stop staring at the bike, hop on, start pedalling and see where it takes ya!

phoning a car dealer and a army recruiter are to different things. If I didnt want to go full time and go reserves which do site do I  choose?

You know what forget it I'm gonna call them right now.

Back