• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
saw some goofy speed wobbles with attestation forms but all in all surprised and impressed as well. I predicted the CAF would cave and drag the process out or support any and every HR and religious claim.
I thought the same thing and have been impressed with the CAF concerted response

Altair

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Hey, a new variant has been found and is circulating.

Already named too, the Nu variant. Seems like it might be significantly more transmitable than delta.

Many countries banning flights from southern African countries, but it's already in Europe and Israel.

Just in time for Christmas!

Czech_pivo

Subscriber
Reaction score
Possibly.

Here is the same article word for word in the Herald Sun. The headline is accurate. Maybe an editorial choice from one paper to the next. But if people can’t actually read properly it doesn’t always mean the media is at fault.

Here’s a direct quote from the article that you posted -

“The Department of Health said the child, who was one of five people who died from coronavirus across the state on Friday,”

It still clearly states that the child died from covid - it’s completely wrong and not factually correct at all.

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
This is the song that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friend
Some people started singing it
Not knowing what it was
But people kept singing it just because

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
Hey, a new variant has been found and is circulating.

Already named too, the Nu variant. Seems like it might be significantly more transmitable than delta.

Many countries banning flights from southern African countries, but it's already in Europe and Israel.

Just in time for Christmas!
My understanding is that it has a larger cluster of transmissibility-related mutations that have been seen separately on other VOCs and which individually or in smaller combinations have contributed to greater ability to spread. Immune escape is still TBD.

Altair

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Fifth Wave anyone?
Unfortunately, we are not getting a travel ban with the most effected region, just testing and 14 day quarantine.

So I expect it to fully entrench in Canada before long.

Bruce Monkhouse

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
Hong Kong has a confirmed case that flew from Canada. Needless to say Canada is not a logical layover for any flight to Hong Kong from anywhere else, so it’s here already.

Altair

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Hong Kong has a confirmed case that flew from Canada. Needless to say Canada is not a logical layover for any flight to Hong Kong from anywhere else, so it’s here already.
Yeah, by the time one of these variants are found its safe to assume its everywhere, at least in small numbers.

The point is to not have more cases being brought in than necessary.

Kilted

Reaction score
Just when you thought that it was safe to go outside again. The anti-maskers/vax-ers are going to go crazy. I had to add the hyphen because my phone kept autocorrecting that word to 'cadets'.

Altair

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

There are two confirmed cases of the omicron variant of the coronavirus in Ottawa, the Ontario government announced Sunday.

"Today, the province of Ontario has confirmed two cases of the omicron variant of COVID-19 in Ottawa, both of which were reported in individuals with recent travel from Nigeria. Ottawa Public Health is conducting case and contact management and the patients are in isolation," the statement said.

here we go batman GIF

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
I thought there'd be more than that....

Failing to show proof of vaccination means unpaid leave for 432 B.C. government workers​

Just over one per cent B.C. government employees — 432 people — will be placed on unpaid leave after failing to get vaccinated against COVID-19 or declining to disclose their vaccination status as required. All those employed by the B.C.

lenaitch

Reaction score
What the hell!

😣
I initially thought that the proposed legislation aimed at situation like this was unnecessary because existing legislation was sufficient, but for situations like this I'm not so sure. Whether any new legislation would survive a Charter challenge would remain to be seen.