• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Animated Avatars

Arron

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a small question.  Is animated avatars not allowed on here?  I'm aware of size restrictions in both image size, and file size, but a off site linked avatar still does not come threw.  Many forums do not allow members to upload many images, or of a certain size but allow appropriate off site links to avatars, including animated images that pose no load for the forum hosting server.

Whats the deal here, my off site avatar does not work?

Thanks

Hi Arron,

It's not that they are not permitted, but when oversized avatars are resized, the animation tends to be stripped out. If you can get one that is under 65x65 it should not be resized and therefore remain animated.

Images linked from other sites are downloaded locally and resized, so you'll see the same issue.

My avatar is living proof. :)

Cheers
Mike

alright,

I finally did it!!

I have got an animated gif to work for my avatar.  Taking Mike's advice on the size, I found this useful on-line tool that will help to re-size gif avatars to use on the site.  Follow the instructions, and you can re-size, save and upload to here.

http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html

dileas

tess

way to go tess! I've used gifworks.com for years. You can make banners there also.

Back