• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anxiety

Chargersfan

Reaction score
Good day,

Does anyone know if there’s a standard % usually given for anxiety? Or a range of %?

Thanks.

Well, in a nutshell....If Favourable, a damn good hefty one. Should be in the 35%-40% range which equates to well over $140,000-$156,000 Lump Sum range. A buddy of mine just had his Generalized Anxiety Disorder approved for 39% and a Medical Impairment Rating of 35 for a Lump Sum of approx $156,000! Cha-ching! Also, this VAC claim went really fast. It went from Step 1 to Complete in 4 months.

Following. I was diagnosed with a GAD many years ago. I never submitted in VAC for it.

Don't hold back one minute. Go on your VAC Account if you have one created and submit a VAC claim for that. If this is documented in your service medical records, there is a good chance you will be approved. Go ahead for sure and apply. In recent year or so, as a general rule of thumb and from what I've heard....most, if not all OSI Mental Health claims are usually Favourable. I am not saying ALL, but most are nowadays. You will gain and have access to plenty of OSI Mental Health Benefits from the OSI Clinic in addition to a nice hefty Lump Sum. I was in the same boat as you. I never knew a thing about all this VAC stuff, let alone OSI conditions, etc until last year I literally stumbled upon a couple of OSI Diagnosis's in my service medical records. I pursued and submitted a VAC claim for Adjustment Disorder. It was a Favourable Decision first time around in just a few months and I received amazing treatment benefits at the OSI Clinic and a huge Lump Sum from the Decision.

I have been diagnosed by a DND psychologist as having GAD and adjustment disorder In November, and submitted my claim soon after. I had no mental health issues for the first 45 years of my life, but I worry VAC will try to pin it on the death of a close family member 6 years ago, and not on the shitty way I have been treated over 21 years in the mob. I have been in marriage counseling and have been seeing a therapist twice a month for a year now. I don’t trust VAC tbh and that’s why I was wondering what a typical assessment might be….thanks everyone.

I'm also in the process of mental health disability benefit with VAC, and got following psychiatric diagnosis from DND appointed psychologist:

• Major depressive disorder: moderate
  • Generalized anxiety disorder: moderate
  • Alcohol use disorder: moderate
  • Cannabis use disorder: in sustained remission

My case is now waiting to be handed to a decision maker, but the whole process started from last July and I just want to get this done. It is a little bit of tiring process I find.

I'm also in the process of mental health disability benefit with VAC, and got following psychiatric diagnosis from DND appointed psychologist:

• Major depressive disorder: moderate
  • Generalized anxiety disorder: moderate
  • Alcohol use disorder: moderate
  • Cannabis use disorder: in sustained remission

My case is now waiting to be handed to a decision maker, but the whole process started from last July and I just want to get this done. It is a little bit of tiring process I find.

I am waiting on a ‘decision maker’ too. Apparently a detailed 4 page report from a licensed psychologist on DND letterhead doesn’t speed anything up.

I am waiting on a ‘decision maker’ too. Apparently a detailed 4 page report from a licensed psychologist on DND letterhead doesn’t speed anything up.
Hopefully the wait is worth it. Now I'm released and I want to resume treatments.

Hello just read some posts I am new to this so here is my question. I have served for 20 years and on year 5 I started having mental issues and tried to seek help and was told I would be released. Knowing this I hid my problems for years and recently I couldn't cope anymore and went for help. I saw a psychologist and was diagnosed with anxiety depression and adjustment disorder in the mild to moderate range. Knowing this the doc said go see your vac you will need it for when you retire. This being said I am currently in the awaiting decision stage doc said It is from service not going to get into that its personal. My question is what should I expect realistically if I get anything at all etc. I understand everyone is different but what should I expect etc. What percentage etc. Thanks for all of your time.

All VAC PSC decisions are determined on your file and how your medical staff writes up your assessment. The best ways to estimate what PSC payment you might qualify for is to look at the VAC injury tables and see which one(s) your own situation most closely relates to. So for mental health, Chapter 21 - Psychiatric Imparirment applies.

At bare minimum, VAC will now automatically approve to 24 months of MH therapy, even without a diagnosis. Once VAC has approved a MH PSC claim, therapy and prescribed MH medications will continue to be covered by VAC as long as necessary. Most veterans are now receiving their MH PSC claims decisions within the 24 months.

I have done therapy I still work I am on meds now I have good days and bad but what I meant how do they determine your pay out percentage will I get 10 percent 5 percent etc

The estimate for your PSC is found by reading Chapter 21 - Psychiatric Imparirment and looking at where your situation best fits within the tables.
Nobody here can offer a better answer. The range for PSC (percentage) approvals is too broad to offer a more concrete suggestion.

Back