• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any 'Aviation Systems Technicians' here?

void3211

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello good people. I'm new to this forum and looking for some advice. Did searches in here but I couldn't find my concern...

I'm applying for the Aviation systems tech, after graduation from BCIT aerospace. Here's my question: After the BMQ and all the trainings as a regular CF, Can I live a 'normal life', the 7am-5pm thing? Or should I be in a military base for all weekdays and can only be in home in weekends? As I'm living with my sister only now, there's no one to take care of her when I'm not home... As an aviation tech, is the living in military base to another base unavoidable? Then should I just sign as a reserve CF? I know I can discuss this in my upcoming interview, but I wanted some opinions from experienced people too. I appreciate any advices in advance.

void3211 said:
After the BMQ and all the trainings as a regular CF, Can I live a 'normal life', the 7am-5pm thing?

Yup. Although some units/bases run 24/7 so you may work shifts that are not normal hors so to speak. The CF is not a prison ya know.

Or should I be in a military base for all weekdays and can only be in home in weekends?

During training you will likely be restricted as to what you can and cant do. After training, you live a regular life just like everyone else.

As an aviation tech, is the living in military base to another base unavoidable?

I am not sure what you are asking here. if you mean to ask if moving every few years is unavoidable than YES, you will move around. That is a fact of military life. I know techs who have moved 1-2 times in 20 years and i know others who have moved every 3-4 years.

I'm one of those techs you speak of. PM me if you have any specific questions.

I'm also one of those... Currently in Kandahar..... But normally I'm in Trenton...  We're on a shift schedule that's alllll over the place, but there are a few places that end up being mon-fri type stuff.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more info.

Back