• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process

Lobster Rodeo

Inactive
Reaction score
    I have a question I've been wondering about lately and can't seem to find on this board. I've been in the recruiting process for a while, and would like to get my testing done so I feel that something's being acomplished while I wait for the trade I applied for to open. Has anyone put a trade in that they didn't necessarily want but was in demand to get testing dates?

If you read some of the other threads, you may find similar questions, or a partial answer to your question.  Most of the ones I can think of involve decisions whether to put three trade choices down or to only put the one really wanted.

IMO, if you select a trade that is in demand, just to get your testing done so you feel that "something's being accomplished", and you have no intention of accepting an offer of that trade, you are wasting both the time and money of the CF and the CFRC staff.

If you truly want the trade(s) that are closed, you will wait it out, just like everyone else.

I would take the time that you have to wait to continue to study for the CFAT and your interview so that when your trade of choice does open you can nail both components and get what you want.

And really, when they ask why you picked the trade you did and you say 'because it was in demand and I wanted to get something done' ... how is that going to make you look?

Show patience :nod:

Its a long road but we are all walking it, if you want a specific trade the time and sacrafice will be worth it in the end :nod:  If your not willing to wait for what you really want and wish to settle and be unhappy??? whats the point????

:2c:

RTG :cdn:

Back