• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying ASAP or later (reserves) ?

wwarlockk

Inactive
Reaction score
I was in the process of transferring universities and now that everything is settled, I'm in a better position to apply.

Is it better to apply ASAP (Dec, provided the cfrc isn't closed and the regiment has space), or wait till after the holidays (either Jan or in April)?

Apply now. Well after the CFRC's reopen for the holiday's. Many reserve units begin hiring for the new fiscal year in February/March and starting the process now would mean that assuming you get through the process smoothly you could do your training starting in April after exams.

KerryBlue said:
Apply now. Well after the CFRC's reopen for the holiday's. Many reserve units begin hiring for the new fiscal year in February/March and starting the process now would mean that assuming you get through the process smoothly you could do your training starting in April after exams.

Thanks, Ill get in contact with the CFRC when they reopen. Do you know if reserve units are still active during the holidays? I should probably contact them first I assume.

I don't think they are open until the new year, and yes your first step per forces.ca should be to contact the reserve units which you wish to join.

I have before, and recently in Sept. But this was at a job fair at my school, and they were hiring for Infantry officers. Ill get a hold of them for applying as a NCM in 2015 though!

wwarlockk said:
I was in the process of transferring universities and now that everything is settled, I'm in a better position to apply.

Is it better to apply ASAP (Dec, provided the cfrc isn't closed and the regiment has space), or wait till after the holidays (either Jan or in April)?

As most, if not all, Reserve Units are now closed down for the holidays, you will likely not find anyone to talk to until the second week of January.  Your first step is at the Reserve Unit.  They have to start the process for you, with a letter of acceptance that you can take to the CFRC and start the application process.  This is not a fast process, due to the numerous steps that must be taken to ensure you are suitable for enrolling into the CAF.  The process may take as long as two and a half years, depending on your particular circumstances.  SO.......It is best to apply ASAP.

Back