• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armour regiments and what do they offer.

2ndChoiceName said:
Thanks. I only ask because if I do decide to try for a CT, I'd love to move out west (Edmonton, LdSH), but I'm not sure whether I'd want to be in a tank squadron as opposed to recce.

Again, the RCD have a tank squadron, based in Gagetown.

Your choices will be taken into consideration though, however, you will be posted where you are needed.

The LdSH are undermanned right now, so it's not out of the relm of possibilities.

Regards

A bit of a necropost,  with English first language does that pigeon hole you to either LdSH or RCD? 

kungfupanda said:
A bit of a necropost,  with English first language does that pigeon hole you to either LdSH or RCD?

In the majority of cases, yes.  If you are Bilingual, you may get a 12 RBC posting.  If you request French Language training, you may get a posting to the 12 RBC. 

Your first official language does not automatically determine your regiment. It depends on the make up of the course you are on (i.e. you could end up 12e because there were very few Francos on the course), the qualification you receive (i.e. a Franco qualified as a Leo 2 driver could be posted to the LdSH because that's where most of the tanks are), and the needs of the regiment (i.e. a particular unit is on high-readiness or has had a lot of releases).

So pretty much work hard and see where the chips land!
Do your marks in bmq and trades course afterwards have any baring on which regiments your assigned to?  I've heard of it in the fire department top scores in the class get first Crack at station choice; does the cf do the same thing?

Thank you for the help!

Panda.

kungfupanda said:
I've heard of it in the fire department top scores in the class get first Crack at station choice; does the cf do the same thing?

I'd put in for the slowest. < shame.  :)

Back