• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

armoured 1975-1986 and beyound

wildman0101

Inactive
Mentor
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
now come on ,,,,,you all gotta be out there
once again...calling all armoured as in subject box lol
bill sruart,,frank austin,spike mmcquire,andy wright,rick mcphail,joe zinck,,,phil hrynyk,,billy prouse,,roy messengert,,carl ringma,,dave fyvie,,,dave tibbs,,,dave longmuir,,steeve allan,,henry sampson,,
trever petersen,,kris laskovic,,ken clayfield...
        so i know ya know,,, blink me army.ca --yahooo.mail i know your there,,dare ya
                                                                        best regards,,,
                                                            soty......

Couple I know about.  I saw Joe Zinck in the late 90's when he was posted as RSS to 1st Hussars in London.  Butch Crosby was RSM of the Elgin Regiment when it still existed so is probably in the St Thomas area.  Also saw Jim McNeil last year.  He is in London working for General Dynamics.

Lance Wiebe said:
Funny how easy it is to lose track of people, isn't it?  :'(
Definately, although the internet sure helps to reconnect

Lance Wiebe said:
Funny how easy it is to lose track of people, isn't it?  :'(

Not reallt Lance....I'll see you again in March.      ;)

Still don't know who I am do you?

Regards

Spike is out and living around Meaford. I think Fyvie is around Oshawa, not sure. I'll likely see Frank Austin at Ironsides in a couple of weeks. Joe Zink was running a business around Pet last time I saw him. Got a bunch retired down  here, but not the same time frame.

Dave

Recce By Death said:
Not reallt Lance....I'll see you again in March.      ;)

Still don't know who I am do you?

Regards

I'm not positive, and I even looked at your profile!

I'm guessing I might find out in March, right?

Lance Wiebe said:
I'm not positive, and I even looked at your profile!

I'm guessing I might find out in March, right?

We bumped into one another enough during the DP3 ARCC last fall...even gave you a few "Morning Lance" and "Haven't seen you on the site in a while"

Regards

Lance Wiebe said:
So why are you coming back down in March?

Just to visit......er......Patrol Commander portion.

Regards

Bruce Montrose was recently playing in the sandbox as a reservist.  Contacted him just before pulling pin.

Reccesoldier said:
Bruce Montrose was recently playing in the sandbox as a reservist.  Contacted him just before pulling pin.

Bruce was RCD until he got posted to the Strats.  He is now SALH and still in Edmonton.

(Perhaps he did a stint with the Hussars in Germany (again) between the School and the Strats about 1987-90 +/- .  )

George Wallace said:
(Perhaps he did a stint with the Hussars in Germany (again) between the School and the Strats about 1987-90 +/- .   )

Yup, we were in B Sqn together (87)

Scoty

I've passed this on to you before:

Gerhardt Neumann and Rick McPhail are still in Pembroke.
Tom Falls is in Edmonton, and still serving and working in Wainwright.
Andy Wright, (formerly 17/21 Lancers) is living in Wainwright and is currently in Afghanistan.
Frank Austin is down Kingston way.
Tom Skelding just retired and has moved back to Newfoundland from Gagetown, and is working with the Cadets there.
Kim Nelson is in the Moncton area.
Spike McQuire got out when he was in Meaford and stayed in the area.
Angus Currie and Angus Gosse are probably in the Borden/Meaford area still.
Winston Ruttledge is still in the Pembroke area, as is Bob Cable and Dalton.
Dave Pynne and Nickerson are still in Pembroke.
Wayne Brown is out in Beachburg/Westmeath area.
Carl Payne is in PEI.
Jim Burke is still serving as an ASEOP and probably still in Greenwood.

George, Wayne Brown and his wife moved to Manitoba (Winnipeg area) around June/Jul 06.  He said he might even join the Garry's "for somethin' to do"

Well, I guess that puts a crimp in my sending him an email to ask if he wanted to go to Ironsides this year.  :-[

Better get a move on George. Applications have to be in by 01 Feb/07. :eek:

Gotta email Mike or Terry and find out what is up.  Also have to dig up a team of wandering minstrals again......Should ask Reccesoldier and have him track down Spanky in DHH and see what is up.  Then there may be one or two in the Kingston area, who Frank Austin hasn't latched onto....

Reccesoldier said:

Yeah...bumped into him in KAF at the DFAC. Looked over and he was just staring at me...kinda creepy.    ;D

Went over and asked him if I knew him from somewhere...and then it clicked.

Yelling out "Holy crap Bruce" followed by a string of swearing got the attention of a few people outside on the patio.

Can't believed he's retired.

Regards

George Wallace said:
Well, I guess that puts a crimp in my sending him an email to ask if he wanted to go to Ironsides this year.   :-[

I'll take one of them from ya!

Back