• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured kit

AleaIactaEst

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm a new hire for the CAF, as an Armoured Soldier, and I was wondering what kind of kit each armoured soldier has within a tank division/recce division and whether there are significant differences in weapons and kit per soldier within each position within each vehicle.

Thanks in advance, and I'll keep perusing the armoured board to see if I missed the answer to the question.

Cheers.

Alea

From what I have managed to find out through at least  15 pages of topics, every soldier in the combat arms                ( infantry, armour, arty) carries the same kit, that being their helmet, weapon, vest, etc.

The only difference I could imagine there being is the specific weapon carried. In the armoured there is often a C6 machine gun mounted on the vehicle, armoured soldiers are usually issued the C7A2 ( better than the older versions as they can much more easily fit in the vehicle and are easier to maneuver in the small space) , or the C8 carbine. I read that a lot of times crewmen are issued the C8 because of its more compact size than any of the C7's but I am not sure if this is more for reg force or also res. I also was reading about the usage of the C8 from a forum that was posted in 2005  so things may have changed.

Welcome to the armoured! I was just sworn in this past Thursday so I am a newbie myself.. hope this helps!

Cheers, and remember, speed and violence

:APC:

Stay in your lanes please. There are plenty of crewmen here with lots of experience to answer questions from newbs. Save yourself the grief ane wait until you are trained up before sticking your head in a noose.

Again, I suggest you go read the site guidelines for some guidance on how we operate here.

I did not intend to rub anyone the wrong way , My apologies if I have. I made it clear the information I have posted was from dated forum posts. Only trying to be helpful.

Don't go looking for a rope and stool yet.

You didn't rub the wrong way. You were simply being given guidance.  ;)

Something you may want to get used to.  8)

Tanks! For helping.

Fair enough. Well, thank you for the guidance then, is this a topic you yourself would have any knowledge on?

Thanks  :camo:

If you want to know about Ferret Scout Cars, Centurion Tanks, C-42 and 510 sets, semaphore, 3.5 in rocket launchers, death before dismount, or how to switch places with your gunner from the loader side, so he can shit in an empty shell casing on a battle run in Hohne,.................

Then yup, I'm your huckleberry. :warstory:

OK, I've split the 'Welcome to the Corps' post off of this post and stickied it up top. I'll try get something more posted up in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the replies and information! I was very curious about the primary small arms, since theres not a lot of room in the tank. According to one of my Sgt's from LdSH some tankers were issued pistols as well as or in lieu of the c7/c8/c9. At least in one of our previous tank ops.
Got my posting message to Gagetown, and then got deathly ill, so I'm on TRP to be recoursed to week 10 when the next course is available (Hopefully less than 3 weeks). So I have to have a bit more patient to find out what I'll be riding in and training with during battle school and occupation training.

Saw the cap badge and motto for the armoured and I am considerably pleased with my decision to accept the armoured corps offer. 😁

Back