• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Photo Contest

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
I'm pleased to announce the first ever Army.ca Photo Contest! Show off your Army.ca Swag and you could win a hoodie!

Rules:

• Photos must show off Army.ca Swag.
  • The winner will receive an Army.ca hoodie as a prize.
  • There are no limits on subject, location, etc. Make it interesting!
  • You can enter as many photos as you like.
  • Photos must be uploaded into the Army.ca Photo Contest album in the photo gallery in order to be eligible.
  • All uploaded photos will be retained by Army.ca, and may be used as "product shots."
  • The winning entry will be selected based on impact, style, originality and creativity.
  • The contest closes at midnight on October 31st, 2006.
  • OPSEC/PERSEC must be observed at all times.

Related links

Remember, be creative, unique or humourous to increase your chances of winning!

So to win Army.ca swag you must have Army.ca swag?  I suspect a scam here.. kind of like when I go to bank to borrow money..

Luckily, the contest is not mandatory. ;)

Yes, it's a promotional contest. The idea here is to encourage people who already have swag to get out there and take a photo of it. And for those who don't... pick some up. The end result is Army.ca may pick up a few new sales to help the growth of the site and end up with some interesting photos of our members showing off their goods. Someone out there will pick up a hoodie in the process.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

So what if I already have a hoodie that I would use to take said photo? Can I pick something else if I win?

Bzzliteyr said:
So to win Army.ca swag you must have Army.ca swag?  I suspect a scam here.. kind of like when I go to bank to borrow money..

Many of us already have army.ca stuff.. its called being a SUBSCRIBER  :D

I knew that was going to come up.. you're right.. I can't complain.

Bzzliteyr said:

Sign up as a subscribed member and you'll get at least 1 item of free Swag.... and that ain't no scam

geo said:
Sign up as a subscribed member and you'll get at least 1 item of free Swag.... and that ain't no scam

Of course it's a Scam.

Bobbit is all about scamming people.  Just look at his track record.
Putting up a free site for how many years for the community..
definitely not a man that can be trusted.  ;D

I guess I failed to put the mandatory smilies after that one.. I would never imply this was a real scam.  Hence the reference to the bank.. you need to have money to borrow money.

Good idea Mike. Yet I have to wonder why I have yet to get my self any swag. Once I get the money from my birthday (tomorrow by the way) I may invest in this subscriber scam you have going as well  ;D

Unfortunately for you all, I've already got the winning picture.

Didn't I see that in Silence of the Lambs? *shudder*

I'm dead sexy.

(Funny thing is you can see the top of the cat's ears... sitting there giving me the "oh no why?" look)

Batboy!! You didn't!! How dare you steal my pose.... Now what will I do?

And to think.. I gave him a ride to the Ed Meet & Greet and he mooned other subscribers from my car! :eek:

Once again, reaffirming the obvious appeal of women  ;D

Journeyman said:
Once again, reaffirming the obvious appeal of women  ;D
Which is exactly the reason I will win...beware my avatar!!

Mike... I see this getting very scary..

couchcommander said:
Oh admit it, you liked it.  :-*

Well, you did confirm my heterosexuality - - not sure if it was worth the retina damage though.  ;)

Back