• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army guys, what is your regiment (or, for cadets, what regiment you are affiliated to)?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sgt. Tremblay
  • Start date Start date
Is there a way to look up on the 'net as to what your affiliated regiment would be? Nobody seems to know in my unit.

Read your equivalent of the Regimental Manual, or at least the regimental history.

Failing that, it would help if you what Regiment you belonged to, as it seems you're hoping someone here will tell you.

1997-2000 The Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment C - Coy
2000 - Present 3 PPCLI

Danjanou said:
Failing that, it would help if you what Regiment you belonged to, as it seems you're hoping someone here will tell you.

I know what regiment I belong to. I just don't know for sure if we have an affiliated regiment. I asked a few guys in my unit and none of them knew and I was just wondering if their would be some way to look it up, so it looks like I'm just gonna have to read up a little bit more on my unit history.

atticus said:
I know what regiment I belong to. I just don't know for sure if we have an affiliated regiment. I asked a few guys in my unit and none of them knew and I was just wondering if their would be some way to look it up, so it looks like I'm just gonna have to read up a little bit more on my unit history.

I would certainly hope you know what regiment you belong to.Ā  ::)

What I meant is we as in everyone else on the board does not know ( it's not in your profile and you have yet to mention it in this thread). If you were to do so, and ask me nicely I would then go overt to my book case, pull out the appropriate volume and give you the answer you seek, young soldier.

Danjanou said:
I would certainly hope you know what regiment you belong to. Ā  ::)

What I meant is we as in everyone else on the board does not know ( it's not in your profile and you have yet to mention it in this thread). If you were to do so, and ask me nicely I would then go overt to my book case, pull out the appropriate volume and give you the answer you seek, young soldier.

haha, sorry, I did write in this thread what regiment I belong toĀ  :) . 20 Field Regiment. I'll add it to my profile. I never did because its probably going to change soon.

Affiliated regiment is a cadet thing...its what regiment your cadet corps is affiliated with...Like im a Lorne scot :) etc.

Burrows said:
Affiliated regiment is a cadet thing...its what regiment your cadet corps is affiliated with...Like im a Lorne scot :) etc.

oops I meant sister regiment. my bad.

Sorry guys.....you are off by a little bit.

My Sister Regiments are: The Household Cavalry (UK)
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 293 Panzer Bn (Ger)
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 12 Regt de Caissiers (Fr) (sorry my French Sp is off tonight)

My Affiliated Regiment is the Governor General's Horse Guards.

GW

Corrected on 23 Jan 2005

My Allied Regiment is: The Household Cavalry

My Canadian Militia Affiliation is: The Governor General's Horse Guards

My Partnership Affiliations are:

12e Regiment de Cuirassiers (Fr)
5th Bn 68th Armor (US)
293 Panzer Bn (Ger)

The Windsor Regiment (RCAC) ~ 1994 - still going

Part of 31 Canadian Brigade Group

Part of Land Force Central Area

Part of Canada

Currently 1 SVC BN - Origionally The Royal Canadian Army Service Corps.

Was with GGFG (Governor General Foot Guards) - Origionally the Civil Service Rifle Regt., who helped kick Louis Riel's butt in the North West Rebellion (1868)- Affiliated with the Cold Stream Guards.

CheersĀ  :mg:

atticus said:
haha, sorry, I did write in this thread what regiment I belong to Ā  :) . 20 Field Regiment. I'll add it to my profile. I never did because its probably going to change soon.

Oh for crying out loud. After all this you're a gunner. Ā  ???

What gives you other gunners on the site been using this guy as a member of the butts party on 105mm range?

Alex I'll take the bleeding obvious for $10,000 please.

Ok your regiment is the Royal Canadian Artillery, everyone else has posted Infantry or Armoured regiments with their Commonwealth affiliated regiments/units. Care to guess what Allied Commonwealth Regiment/Corps you're associated with ?

Point to RCA and/or RCHA members here do you have the same formal affiliations with the RA, RHA, RAA RNZA etc as we poor gravel techs have do?

Son I would suggest you take a quick look at these two links before your BSM strolls in here and sees what you've been up to.

http://www.artillery.net/english/engstart.htm

http://www.artillery.net/english/units20fdregt.htm

Danjanou said:
Point to RCA and/or RCHA members here do you have the same formal affiliations with the RA, RHA, RAA RNZA etc as we poor gravel techs have do?

oh gee whiz, it was so obvious. now I feel like a dumbass... well, i guess I should feel like a dumbass after that.

I was a sea cadet for about 6 years:

#1 RCSCC Nelson

and i am currently in my second year with:

723 comm squadron (Halifax) (Communication Reserve)

Ex Fort Garry Horse, Ex Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians), now 435 T & R Sqn

I started out in 2 RNBR (reserve unit) now i'm 1RCHA (Shilo)

Jane

Back