• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATOC

I did ATOC years ago and I enjoyed immensely. As a LOG O, I got to academically experience what the my Cbt Arms brethren did as well from Sigs, Cbt Engrs (at my ATOC time they were Cbt Sp) and the Medical. I developed lasting friendships while on crse. As a LOG O, I knew that I would never be in the running for top candidate and my career wouldn't come to a halt or grind down if I didn't get an "A" or "B" on crse, thus my stress level while high was not as high as the Cbt Arms guys who needed to rank high for their careers. I concentrated on just learning what they did. It is on AOC that you can apply your Logistical expertise. For example if the Bde was on the offensive, the Svc Bn would normally be tasked with arty dumping programs 24 hrs before the ops. While on defensive the Svc Bn would be tasked with defensive stores dumping programs.

Jackson10, don't be too surprised if the instructors tends to concentrate more on the Cbt Arms. ATOC and AOC focuses more on their development. In my experience the Cbt Sp/Svc Sp Arms are used more as a training aid for the Cbt Arms. At the sub-unit level, we are merely a small consideration and this is fine as the focus should be on them. Most Army Offrs do not learn about Cbt Sp/Svc Sp ops until they become a CO or OC Admin / Cbt Sp of a unit within a CMBG.

Good luck and enjoy the TEWTS.

I did ATOC years ago and I enjoyed immensely. As a LOG O, I got to academically experience what the my Cbt Arms brethren did as well from Sigs, Cbt Engrs (at my ATOC time they were Cbt Sp) and the Medical. I developed lasting friendships while on crse. As a LOG O, I knew that I would never be in the running for top candidate and my career wouldn't come to a halt or grind down if I didn't get an "A" or "B" on crse, thus my stress level while high was not as high as the Cbt Arms guys who needed to rank high for their careers. I concentrated on just learning what they did. It is on AOC that you can apply your Logistical expertise. For example if the Bde was on the offensive, the Svc Bn would normally be tasked with arty dumping programs 24 hrs before the ops. While on defensive the Svc Bn would be tasked with defensive stores dumping programs.

Jackson10, don't be too surprised if the instructors tends to concentrate more on the Cbt Arms. ATOC and AOC focuses more on their development. In my experience the Cbt Sp/Svc Sp Arms are used more as a training aid for the Cbt Arms. At the sub-unit level, we are merely a small consideration and this is fine as the focus should be on them. Most Army Offrs do not learn about Cbt Sp/Svc Sp ops until they become a CO or OC Admin / Cbt Sp of a unit within a CMBG.

Good luck and enjoy the TEWTS.
Your assessment is spot on! It was Cbt Arms focused but I learned an incredible amount. I really enjoyed the material and had a great syndicate. A real solid course - challenging but reasonable.

Back