• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Background-Check/Security-Screening Processing: Summer BMQ possible?

Boder

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I’m hoping this will be my last post in the recruiting thread as I have some final processing questions about the background checks/security screening they do prior to enrollment. Is there anything I personally can do to speed it up and what is the likelihood that I will make a summer BMQ (July-August) (as recruiters were unable to/ did not answer this in an email)? I'm 20 born and raised in Canada with no criminal record and am a current Uni student. I applied as a Pres NCM infanteer and Finished my Medical/Interview on April 26th. I would really like to do my BMQ in the summer to avoid the long training times and get to be useful in a Regiment ASAP so if you guys have any advice please let me know. My friend told me that he was notified of enrollment three days before he was enrolled (back in 2020) so I have some hope but I'm not sure if it is misguided or not.

Hello Everyone,

I’m hoping this will be my last post in the recruiting thread as I have some final processing questions about the background checks/security screening they do prior to enrollment. Is there anything I personally can do to speed it up and what is the likelihood that I will make a summer BMQ (July-August) (as recruiters were unable to/ did not answer this in an email)? I'm 20 born and raised in Canada with no criminal record and am a current Uni student. I applied as a Pres NCM infanteer and Finished my Medical/Interview on April 26th. I would really like to do my BMQ in the summer to avoid the long training times and get to be useful in a Regiment ASAP so if you guys have any advice please let me know. My friend told me that he was notified of enrollment three days before he was enrolled (back in 2020) so I have some hope but I'm not sure if it is misguided or not.
If you have completed all the steps (medical, interview, force test, CFAT) then the rest is a waiting game. You are never guaranteed of an offer, so I would not hold my breath for a summer BMQ this late in the season. Only way to know with more certainty is to contact your recruiter and ask if they need anything else from you.

Call your reserve unit and ask about your file. Assuming no other issues you're in the home stretch.

Hello Everyone,

They are booking BMQs for late September right now. No chance you’re getting a July or August one at this point

Back