• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bayonets: your essential Zombie killing weapon accessory.

frank1515 said:
I thought seperating the head from the body also did a Z in?

Oh wise Jim, could you please enlighten me?

The head will continue to attempt to feed. If you come upon one, either shoot it or hit it hard with a bat, club or blunt object hard enough to stop it. Then burn it.

Ack. I'll get rid of all my samurai stuff and turn them in for baseball bats and fuel.

By the way, should one start stacking up on fuel? God knows it will be a rarity once the apocalypse start!

frank1515 said:
Ack. I'll get rid of all my samurai stuff and turn them in for baseball bats and fuel.

By the way, should one start stacking up on fuel? God knows it will be a rarity once the apocalypse start!

Samurai stuff is still handy for cutting etc. Don't fire it out just yet.

Fuel.....once the apocalypse hits there will be panic. Fuel will be at a premium, and the roads will be clogged with the living, the dead and the undead.

A good bicycle.

A bicycle leaves you exposed though. I good SUV with reinforcements, a gun compartment and a minibar fridge with water, beer and whiskey could be a better option. Don't forget, off roading will be legal, therefore, less chance of clogging and traffic jams.

Good points all, but bikes are stealthier than vehicles. Besides, a Zombie shuffles....it can't run, walk quickly or anything else.

Vehicles can and do break down.

Ref: Zombieland.

Some breeds of Zombies do run. Maybe a cross between a bicycle and the Popemobile would be good. A bicycle with reinforced plastic all around with a door locked with many locks... No place for more than 1 person though, unless one buys a double bike...

I might be on to something here...

frank1515 said:
Ref: Zombieland.

Some breeds of Zombies do run. Maybe a cross between a bicycle and the Popemobile would be good. A bicycle with reinforced plastic all around with a door locked with many locks... No place for more than 1 person though, unless one buys a double bike...

I might be on to something here...

Not true. There has been no record of a Zombie running. That is a movie.

Zombies are corpses reanimated and are incapable of movement other than a slow shuffle.

One of these converted to pedal power would be perfect. You could also add mesh to the front and side for full zombie protection.

1100CC-4-Cylinder-Chery-Injection-4-4-off-Road-Go-Kart-LZG1100E-1-.jpg

I do not want to make a new thread for one stupid question and this seems like a good spot due to the thread subject.  My coworker insists that the CF has a zombie plan, and I find it unlikely (but possible.) Which one of us is right?

On topic: crowbar, lock picks, any break and enter equipment will be valuable.  Water and dried food, carry only what you need to survive plus one good book.  Cardio.  Learn all you can about argiculter.

FlyingDutchman said:
I do not want to make a new thread for one stupid question and this seems like a good spot due to the thread subject.  My coworker insists that the CF has a zombie plan, and I find it unlikely (but possible.) Which one of us is right?
She is, have you not read the past 13 pages? This is it.

On topic: crowbar, lock picks, any break and enter equipment will be valuable.  Water and dried food, carry only what you need to survive plus one good book.  Cardio.  Learn all you can about argiculter.

Learning about Agriculture is probably a good plan too.  8)

FlyingDutchman said:

On topic: crowbar, lock picks, any break and enter equipment will be valuable.  Water and dried food, carry only what you need to survive plus one good book.  Cardio.  Learn all you can about argiculter.  agriculture

TFTFY

The Zombie Defense Plan is on double secret probation. SHHHHHHHH!!!

Danjanou said:
She is, have you not read the past 13 pages? This is it.

Learning about Agriculture is probably a good plan too.  8)
I read it, and I saw the post about someone drawing up plans.  The USA has a zombie plan, and apparently a girl scout plan (source: Zombie CSU, good book.)

Yes, I have a very detailed plan, involving argiculture and hightailing it to the hills.

Agriculture might be tough to work out, as you will always be on the run. The Zombies will find you, and when they do, you wont have time to go in your garden and pick out a tomato. It's all about small game meat and twinkies at this point of the game!  ;D

When we "hightail" it, as you say, we'll need to go to a place north. Zombies freeze up in the winter. Once they do, go from corpse to corpse, smash the head and burn.  Gotta do that before the snow flies.

A well defended compound where you can grow things like potatoes, etc....can be done provided there is a group willing to live lawfully, by rules they have all agreed on.

Agriculture in winter is tough.  Proper urban development (green houses) must be developed to ensure the continuity of the human race... and a stockpile of baseball bats and fuel must kept somewhere safe, away from Zombies and shady looking, untrustworthy, uninfected humans.

frank1515 said:
Agriculture in winter is tough.  Proper urban development (green houses) must be developed to ensure the continuity of the human race... and a stockpile of baseball bats and fuel must kept somewhere safe, away from Zombies and shady looking, untrustworthy, uninfected humans.

Not in the short term. The cities will be full of the infected. Its best to steer clear of urban centres.

Agriculture in winter isn't hard....it just isn't done. That's why a good garden that allows you to store food for the winter will be essential. It might be a good idea to learn how to can a preserve vegetables. Also....a suggestion.....get the bow and arrows ready for hunting small game. You can take a deer or bear down with a good compound bow.

A fortified urban area is still possible. The more people are together, the more of a chance we'll have to fighting off Zombies.

Disagree with the bow and arrow. A crossbow is easier to aim, reload and carry than a bow and a quiver.

frank1515 said:
A fortified urban area is still possible. The more people are together, the more of a chance we'll have to fighting off Zombies.

Disagree with the bow and arrow. A crossbow is easier to aim, reload and carry than a bow and a quiver.

I prefer the compound bow as I am more familar with it. And I'm pretty good with it too.....

frank1515 said:

It appears we all have to move to the Rock when the Zombie Apocalypse comes. Small population, Island,  cold climate and we can resurrect this place to grow our tomatoes.

http://archives.cbc.ca/lifestyle/food/clips/11691/

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-7523025/greenhouse-grief-newfoundland-failed.html

Rumor has it there's also a bridge we can blow in place to slow the hordes down.

See link

http://zombieapocalypseacademy.org/

have not had time to investigate it fully, must keep on developing anti-zombie strategy.  :o

Back