• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Posting Place for Military Police Experience

Kosmas

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to go into the military police trade and wondering where the best posting would be. I am aiming to gain experience, so that in the future if I do want to leave the CAF (unlikely) I will qualify as an experienced police officer. Thank you

This has been touched on in other threads, about other trades. It really depends on what type of environment you are most comfortable with or seeking, if you have a preference for a certain part of the country, etc.

I am personally biased towards opting for a posting at a base in or near a decent sized city. It gives you plenty to do and a chance to get away from the military in your off-time. (Victoria, Edmonton, Halifax, etc.)

There are a lot of really cool opportunities in the military police that a lot of people don’t know about. In addition to considering posting, you may want to dig into some of the cool opportunities the MP Branch has. (If you haven’t already.)

Good luck & welcome to the forum ☺️👍🏻

This has been touched on in other threads, about other trades. It really depends on what type of environment you are most comfortable with or seeking, if you have a preference for a certain part of the country, etc.

I am personally biased towards opting for a posting at a base in or near a decent sized city. It gives you plenty to do and a chance to get away from the military in your off-time. (Victoria, Edmonton, Halifax, etc.)

There are a lot of really cool opportunities in the military police that a lot of people don’t know about. In addition to considering posting, you may want to dig into some of the cool opportunities the MP Branch has. (If you haven’t already.)

First off thank you for the detailed response. Secondly, yes I have looked into all the cool opportunities available for MP, it is one of the reasons why I chose this trade. It seems like a very attractive job. Especially fitting for my criminology degree. I have heard that Halifax and Edmonton are especially great for MP because there are lots of opportunities to gain experience in the field. If you don't mind, I don't mind either location and was wondering if you could tell me the pros and cons of either location? Thank you once again!

Hi there,

I'm in the final stages for selection and wondered about good postings for good policing experience. Does you or anyone know if Trenton, Borden or Petawawa are good for actual community policing experience, and for future careers (experienced officer career paths)? (if deciding to transition out)

Hi there,

I'm in the final stages for selection and wondered about good postings for good policing experience. Does you or anyone know if Trenton, Borden or Petawawa are good for actual community policing experience, and for future careers (experienced officer career paths)? (if deciding to transition out)
I've been told that Petawawa is like the wild west as it is probably the busiest location you can get posted to. But, the issue is if you are a city person, then you probably would not like it there. Also, with Petawawa you run the risk of being put into the field platoon which is the furthest thing from policing experience which I assume you are going for. Petawawa usually deals with a lot of drug and domestic cases. I hope this info helps, I am not sure how true this is, as I am just reiterated what I have heard. I do not have personal experience in Petawawa.

Back