• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

bike training

WO2 Gubbels

Inactive
Reaction score
  Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone used biking out there as part of their regular training routine and if so what do you all do for it.  I was also wondering if anyone out there biked long distance and if you did any training other then biking to help in preparing for those long distances.

Thanks

Jay

Well i mountainbike here in Edmonton i dont have a roadbike cause i think a variety of road and trail riding is the bes.t I do about 25 kms at a time its a great workout as for training for riding well. If i have been away from it for awhile i start up with a light ride 10 km. just do short rides then slowly buildup the kms.Get a odometer for your bike so you can record the distance and time and try to beat your time :army:

I've road 314.31 kms since june on my rockymountain trailhead >:D

Lol, I can't bike those distances. But I do bike alot. I do hill climbs, and then I go back down it as fast as possible  :evil: It's hard to do those distances if you have a downhill bike.

well yeah its hard with a downhill bike.Ii hope you live in bc cause thats the only place for those bikes.Get a crosscountry bike

I've got an XC bike too! There are alot of places other than BC for DH. They are not as good, but there are quite a few ski resorts where I live (close to CFB Borden).

Hey WO2,

Not only am i an avid cyclist but i also work for a very large bicycle retailer chain.  I can probably answer any questions that you may have.  By the way Rocky's are sweet.

cheers

PV

my rockymountain is a hardtail.Next year I'll probably get a dual suspension rockymountain prob one of the (slayers)cuase im riding the hell out of my current bike lol. :P

I've got a genuine Swiss Army bike - goes great ... downhill ...
http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='2787-00'

Used to ride it to work every day (14.2 km one way) - I liked the workout, and also being able to unwind mentally on the trip home (i.e. "de-compress") - ditto for the inbound trip in the mornings.

When there was a rash of bike thefts in the PMQs, I was worried about it getting stolen ... so I picked up what I thought was a cheap used bike ... turned out I've got an eye for a bargain - got it for $145, MSRP $925 ... so I bought a Kryptonite lock ...
http://www.norco.com/bikes/2002bikes/axia.htm

darmil

You will want to get one of the new 2006 slayers, they are not online yet, but if you head down to your local rocky dealer they could probably show you some pictures.  they are totally redesigned this year and look quite sexy.

I have a hardtail specialized, which i paid just over a G for but have pumped like another $ 1500 into it.  I also have an Oryx road racing bike.  two different types of riding, both are fun and adrenaline equipped in their own way.

Between the two, in terms of training, i find i get a better work out on my mountain bike.  You can go out on a mountain bike and get a pretty good work out in an hour if you give'r the gas on your favorite local singletrack.  Ontario is great for that.

Road riding, you really got set aside some time.  a good ride (for me at least) has to be at least 60 Km.  road is a more steady pace compared to the former.

cheers

PV

I'm still waiting for my new mountainbikeaction subscription.There should be a review on all the 06's  :army:

For training right now I am doing 2 60k road rides and 1 or 2 techie mtb for 15k during the week and on the weekends I am hitting either a 52k loop( XC MTB) or a 40k hilly ride on my roadie
was riding way more when I was training for a 1/2 ironman tri, but I found that I needed to focus on speed for BMQ so i cut biking down so I could run more

lucky I live in ottawa  the riding around here is sweet, both road and mtb

cheers

I'm still waiting for my new mountainbikeaction subscription.There should be a review on all the 06's 

their already has been! their will be more though. 

havn't been up in Ottawa to ride yet, i honestly feel that i am blessed living in SW Ont.  I have soooo many wicked trails within an hour max of my place.

cheers

PV

Back