• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes

It's a nice drive to Florida.
Couldn't agree more! Lots to see, and when one isn't in a rush, I'd prefer that too

Its funny...as a kid I loved flying. Always wanted to be a pilot. I even had my Student Pilot Permit before I had my Driver's License (youngest in Alberta at the time)

Now? I think the reality has finally hit me that I'm sitting in a tube going 750mph roughly 35,000 feet above the ground...and the company that built the thing has decided to skip most of the safety inspections & has a habit of using recycled or defective parts because it's faster than waiting for a new part.

(Gotta keep 38 a month rolling off the assembly line...heaven forbid they cut back to 35 & actually did some of those inspections!)

I know flying is statistically much safer than driving, but given the option I think I'd rather drive too

I have confidence in the tech (or, at least the odds, I'm not sure). I simply got tired of being treated like cattle.

Meanwhile, in the Infantry...

Civil War Movie GIF by euronews

Couldn't agree more! Lots to see, and when one isn't in a rush, I'd prefer that too

Its funny...as a kid I loved flying. Always wanted to be a pilot. I even had my Student Pilot Permit before I had my Driver's License (youngest in Alberta at the time)

Now? I think the reality has finally hit me that I'm sitting in a tube going 750mph roughly 35,000 feet above the ground...and the company that built the thing has decided to skip most of the safety inspections & has a habit of using recycled or defective parts because it's faster than waiting for a new part.

(Gotta keep 38 a month rolling off the assembly line...heaven forbid they cut back to 35 & actually did some of those inspections!)

I know flying is statistically much safer than driving, but given the option I think I'd rather drive too
My trust and confidence in "experts" is wanting these days.

Rudders are an optional extra, right? Not important for flight control? So proper manufacturing controls to keep moisture out of actuators isn't necessary?

In general, not used nearly as much as ailerons or elevators.

Interestingly, it was a Boeing product affected by Collins Aerospace a Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Company product, that has been acquired by Safran, which is the main supplier of actuators to Airbus…

Back