• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BOTC and BMQ

leed24

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking about going officer since I am working towards a degree.  I was doing a bit a research and I seemed to be a bit confused.  Is BOTC the same as BMQ?  Cause someone told me that everyone does BMQ regardless of whether you're an officer or a NCM, but then I read that the first course you do as an officer is BOTC and then move one to CAP.  I haven't done any courses yet but I am already part of a unit.  Can someone tell me please?  Also, any advice concering my decision in trying to become a reserve officer would be greatly appreciated.

leed24,

here is the link to the section of Officer related threads in the Recruiting FAQ:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103985.html#msg103985

While you are looking for answers to your specific questions, you will want to be consider whether or not your only motivation for considering officer training is that you are "working towards a degree."

Sorry, I should have made it more clear.  My motivation is not only cause I'm working towards a degree.  I actually thought about joining as a DEO but I thought that the people in the unit would not like me.  At the time, I was unfamiliar with the military customs.  After a few months in the unit, I actually had the support of my company in trying to become an officer.  I tried to research it a bit and I asked around and it seems interesting.  I know it will be difficult physically and mentally but I want to challenge myself and do the best I can. 

Back