• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Brainstorming Restaurant (GTA) Ideas for the Girlfriend.

AFireinside13

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, i need some help brainstorming a few restaurant ideas for my girlfriends 20th birthday. I need a place where i can make reservations, eat and have a few drinks, and take her home where i have 25 people waiting to yell suprise. Oh, I'm in the toronto area. To be more specific i live in Whitby. I have no problem driving a distance to get to a good restaurant.
I was thinking a place like milestones (Scarborough) , or the keg ( except i cant make reservations on the weekends  :threat:)

Anyone have an idea or two? Much appreciated

Bry-

Haven't lived there for many years, but there must be a Japanese place around that has the little tatami (sp?) rooms available.  You get your own quiet little intimate room, and at the places I have been to a woman dressed a a geisha serves you.  Typically you get a multi course meal that takes a while and it is a nice change from being able to see the other patrons around you.

OOooOoOooOoo!!!

Great suggestion Zipperhead cop! I'm taking that suggestion myself, that's beautiful, brilliant even!

Thanks!

Joe

Well I live in the DT core,  just facing the wellesley subway station is a restaurant that I love. Briani house.  Hands down far and away the BEST Indian food I've ever had.  I make anyone who owes me big take me there.  One does not need to put on a suit and tie to go there,  but people do and it doesn't look out of place.  Garlic Naan and raspberry mattar... (my mouth is honestly salivating right now just thinking about it)

If Indian food doesn't strike you as something she'd like,  (and you still want to date her despite this flaw ;-)),  I know of another restaurant on the north side of front street,  called Armadillos. http://toronto.com/restaurants/listing/000-212-892 They do have nice booths away from the crowd,  but if you're a sports fan,  stay away,  they will get you into trouble "Pay attention to her not the TV"  ;-)There is a nice parking lot about a block east of it.  It is on the same block as seven other restaurants,  so if you get there and she goes "ooh Joey's Tomato's".  You're within walking distance to the cn Tower or the Lake Shore... well in that link I gave you it has a map.

Now what kind of food does she like - I guarantee there is a restaurant for that style.

If you like steak, Zorro's Steakhouse near the airport is my favourite. www.zorrossteakhouse.com It's a little pricey but well worth it.

Well Afireinside13,

It all depends what you like to eat naturally, how much you wish to spend and how far you want to drive. 

I lived in Ajax myself for quite some time and know some restaurants around the area.  There is always the Shrimp Cocktail, which is quite nice if you like seafood and its right along Hwy 2.  In pickering there is also a nice little restaurant called casa verde which serves Italian food but may be a little pricier (but well worth it), this is also on Hwy 2.  There is also Cullen Gardens restaurant where the food is decent and view pretty good.

I got lots more restaurants in mind in Toronto.  My brother is a chef so he knows quite a few restaurants in the area.  Once again it depends what you and your girlfriend want, what you are willing to spend and far you are willing to go.

Cheers

You could go to the "The School"  in Markham.  A jacket and tie sort of place, the type of restaurant where you pay like $100 for a glass of water (if you know what I mean).

Hey guys thanks for all your input, I will post what i end up deciding on. Once again I appreciate it.

Best of luck to you on your plans, hopefully the girlfriend is happy  :)    (Feel free to wish her a Happy Birthday from those of us at Army.ca, but ya might get a confused look in return).

Where in the city? (this is a big place)

What kind of Food does she like? (trust me a big factor unless Mickey D's is her favourite then anything is a step up)

What's your budget? ( be honest PM if you like)

Then I can make a serious suggestion or two  8)

"Well, i need some help brainstorming a few restaurant ideas for my girlfriends 20th birthday."

Twenty?  H_ll, I got T-shirts older than TWENTY.  Take her to Chucky Cheese.  Call us when she turns forty.

;D

TCBF said:
"Well, i need some help brainstorming a few restaurant ideas for my girlfriends 20th birthday."

Twenty?  H_ll, I got T-shirts older than TWENTY.  Take her to Chucky Cheese.  Call us when she turns forty.
;D
:rofl:

There's a nice spot, romatic but not overbearingly so, called Pizza Rustica at Front and John, downtown TO. Just up a couple of blocks up there is a stretch of restaurants right on King Street - KitKat, Frank's Not Here, Marcel's, and my fave, and Indian restaurant.

Also, I like this place in Etobicoke called the House of Lancaster. It's dark and romantic. Trust me, it will get you in the mood. Not sure about her though.

Back