• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT as Navy Work Dress?

Should the NAVY adopt CADPAT as a standard non-shipboard dress

• Total voters

Navalsnpr

Inactive
Reaction score
The past number of years has seen both the Army and Air Force elements change to CADPAT for the daily work dress for its personnel. Rumours have gone around over the past year that the Navy may adopt the same for personnel who are not posted to a sea going position.

Comments?

The army has its own dress and the navy has its own dress. The navy should stick with the NCD's.  All elements shouldn't look the same, then what's be the differernce in having seperate elements?

Navalsnipr said:
Rumours have gone around over the past year that the Navy may adopt the same for personnel who are not posted to a sea going position.
Navy pers posted into LFC units do wear the CADPAT combats.

If you are posted to a ground pounder unit then sure, but as an everyday dress no. I am not a big fan of the NCDs but it does help with morale to wear something different then everyone else.

What would you guys think about having something like the new camo the US navy is testing?

I believe the army and airforce are going in on a few different items that meets specs for both for cost reasons and to speed up procurment.

That USN camo is fugly.  I'd go for CADPAT workdress if they were Nomex coveralls.

Unless one is posted to a joint force unit ashore, what would be served by such an issue? From what I can tell, the CADPATs are made to be worn with combat boots, not the shorter sea boots. [unless those are no longer permitted]  For stokers, trodes and hull techs and maybe even bosun's, I could see dark colored Carharts [green or blue] with the side pockets for regular duties at sea - wash and wear, gauranteed for life - but only as a work dress. 

Eeeerrrrm, perhaps a stupid question from a guy who gets seasick in the tub.  Why in the HELL would you need to look like a tree in the middle of the ocean?

CHIMO,  Kat

Kat Stevens said:
Eeeerrrrm, perhaps a stupid question from a guy who gets seasick in the tub.   Why in the heck would you need to look like a tree in the middle of the ocean?

CHIMO,   Kat

Navalsniper mentions it would be for personnel in non sea going positions.

well then the answer is obvious.  Wear the environmental gear of the land based unit you're attd to. If your a Jetty Jocky, you still don't need to look like a tree...

CHIMO,  Kat

Kat Stevens said:
well then the answer is obvious.  Wear the environmental gear of the land based unit you're attd to. If your a Jetty Jocky, you still don't need to look like a tree...

CHIMO,  Kat

I agree Kat, its a fairly simple answer. You're bathtub analogy made me chuckle, thanks  :D

Naval-types should be permitted to have a CADPAT uniform if they need it for their functions only. As a CIC officer, we do have to bring our cadets on Outdoor Adventure Training weekends, however seeing that the Naval Combat Dress is inappropriate for the woods, we should be permitted to have a comba uniform for this type of training (even if it has to be temporary for each weekend).

When I did my Military Occupational Course, I was permitted to get a CADPAT uniform for my Survival training weekend. I kept it at home of about a month an a half and only wore it for three days.

Also, NCDs helps us know who is a member of the navy. I remember being at the Longue-Pointe Supply Store and I called a Killick in CADPAT ... CORPORAL. He told me that he was a Leading Seaman, but he understood that I did not really see the little anchor on his name tag. The air force have their blue stiching everywhere now on their CADPATs, will the navy have black?

Good day!

Kat Stevens said:
Eeeerrrrm, perhaps a stupid question from a guy who gets seasick in the tub.   Why in the heck would you need to look like a tree in the middle of the ocean?

If this is the issue, then the answer seems intuitively obvious to me: plant trees in the flats and on the uppers.  ;D

But, then again, working in NDHQ has probably given me an over developed sense for practical solutions.  ::)

Sam

I have it on good authority that the CMS has signed off on a "Clothe the Sailor" project, while we won't be wearing blue digital camo, this ensamble will cover everything from socks and underwear to outer clothing that provides comfort and dryness to the wearer. There will aslo be ballistic protection and new equipemt for NBP and Force Protection personnel.

Do you know if the new lapels are going to be shawl or peaked?

FSTO said:
I have it on good authority that the CMS has signed off on a "Clothe the Sailor" project,

Long time overdue I say.

I remember around 10 years ago being up in the Fjord's of Norway, standing Life Buoy Sentry in the middle of winter at -20 degrees Celsius, and there we were, with our steel toe boots on standing on a metal deck. You want to talk about cold!! I made sure I took my seal-skin boots with me made by Inuits in Northern Labrador. The POOW came up to me and asked what I had on my feet. I told him they were Warm... The POOW smiled and walked away...

It is time for a "Clothe the Sailor" project!

SeaPat?
New head bandana's, left and right eye patches, water proof hand hooks and low vis pattern large buckle shoes with knee high socks? 

whiskey601 said:
SeaPat?
New head bandana's, left and right eye patches, water proof hand hooks and low vis pattern large buckle shoes with knee high socks?  

Which parrot variant and how many pistols? :D

Back