• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Beard policy-CANFORGEN 158/18

I still don't understand why the CAF cares so much about those aspects of life.... There are so many more important things to worry about than dress. But I guess dress is an easy thing to enforce, as opposed to the other, harder things like you know, moral fortitude.
I see your point however the reason
No axe stuck in belt?
I have a hatchet that I could use like that.

I've ignored every single rendition of the "glove-toque flow chart" because, as much as I respect CWO-CPO1s...I also understand they don't authorize dress policy. Advise, enforce? Certainly...

I use this example sometimes to demonstrate dress importance; the RNoAF guards at Andøya main gate. Pony tail with a braid, down past the middle of his back. Beard, also long and "braided" or whatever the proper term is for "not all lose and blowin' in the wind". I think he had ear ring(s) in as well.

His chest rig was squared away. Weapons was spotless. His beret was shaped well and squared away. Uniform was clean, boots were shone. He was fit, he was professional, he was confident and composed.

I remember thinking "they're getting it right".
Chances are he was inspected - maybe not formally - by his section commander prior to going on duty. And add that this particular soldier is proud of what he does.

Back