• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can NCMs date each other?

pbi said:
Actually, it's once both are completely out of the instructor student environment(ie: off the training establishment). I know this because I got involved in the case of a person who violated this.

Cheers
To add to pbi:

I had a friend who was teaching QL3 courses at CFSCE one summer. His wife came on her QL5 (they were both reserve) and he had to get special permission to be able to see her on weekends - off base.  The rules were very clear and very restrictive.

signalsguy said:
To add to pbi:

I had a friend who was teaching QL3 courses at CFSCE one summer. His wife came on her QL5 (they were both reserve) and he had to get special permission to be able to see her on weekends - off base.   The rules were very clear and very restrictive.

Yes and in my opinion they need to be.

Cheers

What about an officer and an NCM when they're not in each other's direct chain of command?

But it's still possible, right?  I mean, it's not prohibited or a chargeable offense or something, right? 

If an officer and NCM have a relationship they must inform their chain of command so appropriate measures can be put into place.  For example, they are not in each others chain of command and there is no undue influence on either.  There are lots of NCM/NCM or Officer/NCE relationships within the military and for the most part, they are not a problem.  Be open about the relationship is the bottom line.

and this is exactly why i dont (as the saying goes) poop where i eat.

although i imagine its much more difficult in the Reg Force (since you may have limited non-military freinds etc..) Ive made a personall comitment to not get involved with military personall. it avoids alot of headaches... though IMHO its not the ned of the world, but keep in mind, if they are in the same unit as you or what not, you run the risk of having alot of conflicts of interest.

Cheers
  Josh

ps this is simply my personal veiw point, as a reservist. there are several relationships which exist in my own unit, and they seem to work just fine. some people can do it, some people cant. to each their own.  :salute:

As a person who is married to another NCM (in the same trade as I am), it can work out fine as long as your COC is in the know all the way up. Also be prepared for it to restrict some options/postings for you. We also both went on Roto 0 and the rules that Armymedic was mentioning were strictly enforced (camp warehouse).  :salute:

Back