• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's History of poor MNDs

Weinie

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Correct. As they are Criminal Code charges, he is only subject to the penalties articulated in the Criminal Code.

Note that since this is not a proceeding under the Code of Service Discipline, there is no entitlement to Defence Counsel at Crown expense (NDA 249.17 / QR&O volume II chapter 101 article 101.11)

The NDA assumes good faith actors as CDS, JAG, CF Provost Marshall, military judges, and the directors responsible for military prosecutions and defence counsel services. The Act is not adequately structured to deal with misconduct by any of those actors.

Couple those gaps with a MND who can charitably be described as the weakest of the 21st century...
You are being charitable by only framing him in one century.

No turn of discussion to the qualities of previous MNDs, especially in a thread that touches on sexual scandal, can be complete without mention of the "Tiffany Factor".

19850225.jpg

No turn of discussion to the qualities of previous MNDs, especially in a thread that touches on sexual scandal, can be complete without mention of the "Tiffany Factor".

19850225.jpg

Off topic, but Bob Coates was the fellow who pushed the distinctive environmental uniform to the very top of the DND procurement priority list back circa 1984. We used to refer to the project as "Coates of many colours."

Off topic, but Bob Coates was the fellow who pushed the distinctive environmental uniform to the very top of the DND procurement priority list back circa 1984. We used to refer to the project as "Coates of many colours."
Sigh..........Bob Coates was my MP, from my hometown.

Heh... I lived in Langenwinkel, a few hundred meters away and drove by Tiffany twice a day on my way to and from the base for three years, but moved there two years after Coates' visit.

They fought a war. We won.
This was also the man who during the Boar War stated that he was outside of military authority and would not take orders from any officer. He would be sent less than a year into the war. He, however, still recommended himself, for not one, but two Victoria Crosses.

On his deathbed, he told the minister not to bother him because he would soon be sitting at the right hand of God and would be able to arrange everything himself.

This was also the man who during the Boar War stated that he was outside of military authority and would not take orders from any officer. He would be sent less than a year into the war. He, however, still recommended himself, for not one, but two Victoria Crosses.

On his deathbed, he told the minister not to bother him because he would soon be sitting at the right hand of God and would be able to arrange everything himself.
I'm not sure who you are referring to, but he isn't the first one, or the last, to exaggerate "deeds". The "architects" are many. The builders are few.

Also of interesting note, we went through four MND during WWII (granted one of them died in a plane crash). The last one was the grandfather of General Leslie. I know this is off-topic, perhaps we should have an MND thread.

Back