• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

This election provides a real voting dilemma for me. A long time small-c conservative, I frankly don't see much appealing in the current Conservative platform, or more especially its leadership. So the question for me is, what is preferable? A Liberal minority or majority? If a minority, will the Liberals be in thrall to the NDP and BQ who will hold the balance of power and demand continuing tribute (BQ) or twist the national agenda even more to the left (NDP), or if a majority will the Liberals be enabled to inflict their agenda on the country with abandon? I will probably take the coward's way out and vote for Elizabeth May. She's going to get re-elected here anyways. What a mess.

A lot of liberals seem to be put off by the PM and the liberal party. It us entirely possible they could flock to the NDP, split the left leading to another liberal minority or even a conservative minority.

This election provides a real voting dilemma for me. A long time small-c conservative, I frankly don't see much appealing in the current Conservative platform, or more especially its leadership. So the question for me is, what is preferable? A Liberal minority or majority? If a minority, will the Liberals be in thrall to the NDP and BQ who will hold the balance of power and demand continuing tribute (BQ) or twist the national agenda even more to the left (NDP), or if a majority will the Liberals be enabled to inflict their agenda on the country with abandon? I will probably take the coward's way out and vote for Elizabeth May. She's going to get re-elected here anyways. What a mess.
The Elizabeth May effect is mystifying to me. She is deified in some circles. I have met her in person on a number of occasions and have come away…underwhelmed.

The Elizabeth May effect is mystifying to me. She is deified in some circles. I have met her in person on a number of occasions and have come away…underwhelmed.
Never met her. But, read a discussion about her in another thread.
"Welcome back, Omar Khadr. It matters to say it. Welcome back, Omar Khadr. You're home," . . . "Omar Khadr, you've got more class than the whole fucking cabinet," Elizabeth May, the federal Green Party leader at the Parliamentary Press Gallery's dinner on Saturday.

That single event is enough for me to never, ever even consider casting a vote for the Green Party regardless of how mainstream they become.

At this point, I do 't see why an election call was required. I'm not impressed by having one.

I hear you. I’m not fan of what the CPC is offering right now but we’ll see as the campaign progresses. I’m tired of Trudeau and would have preferred if someone else took over the LPC. My riding will likely go CPC. Best case for me would be another LPC minority. Maybe even a seat drop.

I have assembled a helpful "Who should I vote for" decision tree.

Canadian Electoral Support Selection tool

1. Are you batshit crazy?
If yes, vote PPC.
If no,

2. Do you want a virtue-signalling power-hungry party willing to overlook obvious moral flaws that will turn and attack anyone who calls them out on their shallow, sallow leader?
If yes, vote Liberal.
If no,

3. Do you want a party that desperately tries to simultaneously pander to right-wing Christian extremists and to educated suburbanites, but manages instead to piss off both, along with all other voters?
If yes, vote Conservative.
If no,

4. Do you want a party with no understanding of how Canadian government works, which is illiterate in history and innumerate in economics?
If yes, vote NDP.
If no,

5. Do you want a party founded as an ego trip, with its former leader actively working to undermine and attack its current leader?
If yes, vote Green.
If no,

Congratulations, and welcome to the Rhino party.

I have assembled a helpful "Who should I vote for" decision tree.

Canadian Electoral Support Selection tool

1. Are you batshit crazy?
If yes, vote PPC.
If no,

2. Do you want a virtue-signalling power-hungry party willing to overlook obvious moral flaws that will turn and attack anyone who calls them out on their shallow, sallow leader?
If yes, vote Liberal.
If no,

3. Do you want a party that desperately tries to simultaneously pander to right-wing Christian extremists and to educated suburbanites, but manages instead to piss off both, along with all other voters?
If yes, vote Conservative.
If no,

4. Do you want a party with no understanding of how Canadian government works, which is illiterate in history and innumerate in economics?
If yes, vote NDP.
If no,

5. Do you want a party founded as an ego trip, with its former leader actively working to undermine and attack its current leader?
If yes, vote Green.
If no,

Congratulations, and welcome to the Rhino party.
I'll take my chances with the libertarian party

Back