• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can't open Army.ca or Milnet.ca

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Can't open Army.ca or Milnet.ca, but I can open Air force and Navy. The system has been wonky all day, almost impossible to post, taking forever to load. All evening  I have not been able to log onto Milnet or Army, and just tried this as a lark.

They all just worked for I...........you are not the first to mention this today, yet I have worked fine the whole time. Maybe an internet problem this time??

I was on until approx 02:00 this morning. When I tried to log out, I had a very difficult time. In the end I just gave up all together on logging out as it took too long. I ended up just clicking the little red box at the top right of the screen to close the main board web page altogether, as it just stayed frozen on my screen. Tonight seems to be fine so far though.

~Rebecca

The server is "OK" right now... CPU and memory usage are both pretty normal, though the database could be slow at times.

I've visited all sites and they work OK for me, so I'm not immediately sure what's going on. How many are having this type of problem? Is it always milnet.ca and army.ca?

Unfortunately I'm on the road so I'm not in a great position to be able to dig deeper.

It has been wonky on and off for me as well. Sometimes very fast and other times taking forever. But it is all random like the main page will load but the forums will be slow, or the moving from forum to forum is fast then takes forever.

I was sure it was just server load though

I have had some trouble trying to get on army.ca for a day or two now.

ditto re: Army.ca ...
all systems go this morning though.
D2
PS  I'm sure it had everything to do with the Toronto Smoker thread...tee hee

Mike_Baker said:
I have had some trouble trying to get on army.ca for a day or two now.

Ditto.

I did not try the other two (just army.ca and milnet.ca) but I had the same problem with two computers running three different OS and different browsers.

The site has been sporadic, for me, for several days.  When it's up and running it works fine but mostly it has been either impossible to access at all or impossible to get past the forums main page.

E.R. Campbell said:
Ditto.

I did not try the other two (just army.ca and milnet.ca) but I had the same problem with two computers running three different OS and different browsers.

The site has been sporadic, for me, for several days.  When it's up and running it works fine but mostly it has been either impossible to access at all or impossible to get past the forums main page. 

Now (last 15 minutes) I can open air-force.ca and navy.ca but not army.ca or milnet.ca but that will, likely, change during the morning if the past few days are any indication.

Edward, I am having no troubles whatsoever.............I did do a delete of cookies/ history and a restart when Mike first did the change over.....maybe that??

The site is flying now, but ER was right, getting past the front page to the forums was a lesson in patience for Milnet and Army, but not for Navy and Air Force. I don't know how they are structured, but for me that seemed to have the biggest impact.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Edward, I am having no troubles whatsoever.............I did do a delete of cookies/ history and a restart when Mike first did the change over.....maybe that??

Did that, Bruce ... and thanks for the reminder, it's been a few weeks since I last cleaned house.

Things were just as wonky as I tried to get back into air-force.ca, army.ca, milnet,ca and navy.ca: works one minute, freezes me out the next.  All same same in Linux/Firefox and Vista/Explorer7.  I'm persuaded my router/connection is OK because everything else works fine in all three OS/browser combos.

Been working fine for me... site seems a bit faster when using tethered BlackBerry than cable connections.

wow there have been some changes since I was here last. I've had trouble connecting to army.ca. I know I tried a few times last week and finally gave up. Again today, it took a very long time to connect and when I tried to post a reply I wasn't able to. Anyway, I see we have milnet and navy.ca now. I'm sure when I have time I will be able to read what is going on, but for now it's just too frustrating waiting for a page to load.

It looks very nice though! Good job.

Gone wonky again...can't get on milnet or navy, but did get on army, where it seems to be wonderful, or its just a coincidence of timing....

i to am having a problem with the forums and the site itself loading very slowly... i called my internet provider thinking it was the connection but they said everything is fine on my end

Well, at this moment (0530 Eastern):

On the MS Vista/IE7 Box - army.ca and air-force.ca run well, nothing heard from milnet.ca or navy.ca; but

On the Linux/Firefox box - army.ca and air-fore.ca open but then stall/freeze but milnet.ca and navy.ca work perfectly.

Go figger!

Edit - only minutes later all four work on the Linux/Firefox box and all but milnet.ca work on the MS Vista/IE7 box.

About two hours later:

On the MS Vista/IE7 box - army.ca opens, very slowly, and then works even more slowly.  Air-force.ca opens slowly and then freezes, neither milnet nor navy.ca open at all; but

On the Linux/Firefox box - army.ca open quickly and then works slowly while air-force, milnet and navy.ca all open very slowly but then air-force.ca works well.

If the past few days are any indication this situation will persist throughout the day.

All other web sites open quickly and work well on both boxes.

Back