• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cardiac Monitors

tacmed2007

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok all you Medics or PA or Doc's....who ever might be out there!!!

Input time: If you had a choice in the cardiac montior for the forces what would it be and why?

My personal thougt is this...the current one is JUNK and there is no way you are going to swing me on that one!
I have been working on a few proposals with another fella and we where looking at teh Phillips MRx and LifePack 15 ( i was always a LP 12 guy)

Biggest reason's we had for those two where: 12 leads forward, SPO2 is nice but we want EtCo2( the 15 can do more with CO levels) the ability if needed NIBP or IVPB, trends, in the LP series higher energy level delivery, Higher impact and A/C rate's. Paceing that does not requier you to TURN off the monitor, te ability to transmit data forward, the ability to do the job that 5 seperate machiens do now. Compatibility ( AHS in Ab has now gone to the LP series Prov wide) so this would reduce the need for conversion kits on teh Quick COmbos.....and there is a few more reasons that I can remember at this hour..

So chime in and lets hear it.

Thanks all

As I haven't seen an LP 15 in person, I'm at a disadvantage...I like the 12 - takes up half the room of the Zoll, does alot of the same stuff with less mess.  I'd be sold at a UMS level for some of the extras that come on it, but how much do you really need at say a company medic level (aside from the 12 lead and transmission capability)?  The whole kit would be ideal for a ship/submarine or medical platoon level, especially if the footprint is comparable to the 12, just as long as it can take a beating.  I guess my other issue is how compatible is it with field AED's - can you plug and play pads from one of the same brand to the 15 (a benefit of Zoll products - AED pads are transferable between machines).

Just throwing some of that out there - I'd have to play with the machine in a variety of settings to come to any sort of conclusion...were you looking at it for all levels of care or only certain ones?

MM

The LP 15 is the exact same as the 12 with the exception that they have changed the connection type to the precordial leads they have added side stream End title monitoring, they have allowed the option for invasive monitoring the NIBP is much more efficient then the 12 was...a lot less errors when moving over bad ground, the monitor has to display modes that allow for viewing on bright days, the monitor also can monitor CO levels in the blood to show what % of binding has occurred in a Pt environment where CarbonMonoxide was present...(smokers I am not sure about..still reading up on it) It will certainly take a beating as all there drop or impact test is without it's outer case.
Man there is lots on this thing so here is the link:
http://www.physio-control.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=1668

by far anything is better ten the Zoll M series we carry!
As for placement..UMS/BMS for sure, role 2 or 3 definitely, Bison or light amb that provided Full BLS or ALS level care, base responce Ambs that cover 911. Really the ability to treat most of what you had to evac is on hand now, even at the lowest level....well maybe not dismounts!! hahah but it would fit in the ruck!!! HAHAH

There are people in the CF whom are looking at a small machine that has the capability of a defib, 15 lead ECG, full vitals monitor, and even an option fo rudimentary ultrasound capabilty, with the added feature of being able to be used over mil standard comms systems for the purpose of telemedicine, that is currently being fielded down in the US.

I do not have all the details, nor can remember the name. Give me a few days and I will dig that info up and pass it on.

Here are two pieces of equipment, that while not exactly defib equipment, I would still like to see on the Christmas buy list  ;D

1) MEDRAD Veris MR Monitoring Capnography, a cardiac monitor that is completely MRI compatible.  AMAZING!!!  Saw this and couldn’t believe my eyes that the machine wasn’t pasted to the side of the magnets.

http://www.medical.siemens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay~q_catalogId~e_-11~a_catTree~e_100010,1012315,1014470,1014487,1014391~a_langId~e_-11~a_productId~e_186859~a_storeId~e_10001.htm

MRI equipment not included  :-\

2) For field situations I’d take this gadget over an i-phone any day!

http://medgadget.com/archives/2009/10/a_closer_look_at_ges_revolutionary_new_pocket_ultrasound.html

:nod:

Would just have to pair it up with one of them defib/cardiac monitors.  Send me a link of that new defib/cardiac monitor.  I'd like to read about it.

Back