• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

George Floyd/ Derek Chauvin Thread

Donald H said:
Thank you but how do I interpret the little laughing man?
I'll take a chance and send my limited amount of best wishes.

edit: just learned something new! I can only send 'happies' to you once a day.

He was disagreeing with your statement. 

Donald H said:
Thank you but how do I interpret the little laughing man?
I'll take a chance and send my limited amount of best wishes.

edit: just learned something new! I can only send 'happies' to you once a day.

I’m pretty sure that the five permanent members of the UNSC couldn’t give a fig about anyone that doesn’t have a veto....ie. everyone else, so long as yes votes total At least 9. If there’s a motion and none of the P5 veto, and at least 4 of the 10 temps bite yes, it’s approved.  Others (temp or non-member alike) could conceivably place their proverbial hands on their hips and pout of they don’t agree with the P5, but 5+4 yeas and it’s a moot point.  Canada just happens to excel in its mootness.

Good2Golf said:
I’m pretty sure that the five permanent members of the UNSC couldn’t give a fig about anyone that doesn’t have a veto....ie. everyone else, so long as yes votes total At least 9. If there’s a motion and none of the P5 veto, and at least 4 of the 10 temps bite yes, it’s approved.  Others (temp or non-member alike) could conceivably place their proverbial hands on their hips and pout of they don’t agree with the P5, but 5+4 yeas and it’s a moot point.  Canada just happens to excel in its mootness.

Sorry but I must have misled you as to my meaning when I changed the subject of discussion to 'US foreign policy' in #117. That's what I was meaning about Canada's importance and it's value as a supporter of US foreign policy.

Otherwise, as this pertains to the UNSC, I agree with what you've said.

Donald H said:
Good one! But Canada is likely the world's most valued country for our being supportive of US foreign policy. Even more than GB because they only have military assets to offer while we bring along moral support and great justification.

Under the Liberals, if global politics were a sandlot ball game Canada would get picked last and only because we always buy the beavertails after the game.

Canada is that nice kid that always comes by and mows your lawn without expecting anything in return. The world notices but doesn't give a shit.

Haggis and Target UP, I think Canada is the best country in the world, regardless of whether it's under the Liberals or Conservatives, bar none!

Is there a country better?

:cheers:

It is a good country warts and all. Curious I looked at your profile, you have nothing at all and I would say that over 90% of your posts are political oriented. I am curious as why you would purse political discourse on a site dedicated to the military and not politics? 

So what's your primary interest in military stuff?

Cheers

If I didn't think Canada was a pretty great place, I wouldn't be here, I have options. It just makes me laugh a little when people overestimate our place in the world and the weight our opinions have with it.

Colin P said:
It is a good country warts and all. Curious I looked at your profile, you have nothing at all and I would say that over 90% of your posts are political oriented. I am curious as why you would purse political discourse on a site dedicated to the military and not politics? 

So what's your primary interest in military stuff?

Cheers

I'm not going to let this become a personal attack against me Colin but if you send me a p.m. with your questions I might be able to provide you with some answers.

No personal attack but a blank profile and very narrow posting history does beg the question. I am sure you can add value to other non-political discussions as well.

Donald H said:
I'm not going to let this become a personal attack against me Colin but if you send me a p.m. with your questions I might be able to provide you with some answers.

Colin P has posed a valid question. Your profile is scanty, your opinions are not. This is not a personal attack, rather it is a sense of determining where you come from in terms of experience, background, etc.

The vast majority of folks on this site post CV data. It helps to determine the difference between SME's, the uneducated, the interested, the questioning, trolls, and posers. You have posted some info that suggests a broad range of knowledge and experience, albeit with links that are readily available via Google.  Hence, his question.

Weinie said:
Colin P has posed a valid question. Your profile is scanty, your opinions are not. This is not a personal attack, rather it is a sense of determining where you come from in terms of experience, background, etc.

The vast majority of folks on this site post CV data. It helps to determine the difference between SME's, the uneducated, the interested, the questioning, trolls, and posers. You have posted some info that suggests a broad range of knowledge and experience, albeit with links that are readily available via Google.  Hence, his question.

I'll take back what I said to Colin, you and him get nothing. Make an appeal to the staff here if you want me removed so bad. Something may be negotiable with them if it can ensure that I remain anonymous. Otherwise, stop your personal attack because a few of you can't handle my political opinions.

Typical culprits who have been trying to cause trouble right from the beginning.

Regarding profiles. From the Conduct Guidelines,

Public Profiles
I strongly encourage you to fill out all the sections of your public profile that you're comfortable with. We respect your privacy and won't force you to fill out your profile if you don't want to. Bear in mind though, that the amount of identifiable info in your profile will increase your general credibility here. Those with empty profiles are much harder to verify and will have to put a lot more effort into building a credible presence here.

Unfortunately, we've had some cases where a visitor tries to exaggerate or invent stellar military experience. ("I was a special forces sniper, but I can't tell you about that as my file is sealed...") Please. Don't insult us with this drivel. It is always painfully obvious what your real experience is, and we're impressed with quiet professionalism, not open bragging. These guys inevitably get forced out in the open and eventually leave the forums in disgrace.
https://army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

Donald H said:
Make an appeal to the staff here if you want me removed so bad.
Little bit over dramatic.

Typical culprits who have been trying to cause trouble right from the beginning.

For the whole month and a half you've been here.

Donald H said:
I'll take back what I said to Colin, you and him get nothing. Make an appeal to the staff here if you want me removed so bad. Something may be negotiable with them if it can ensure that I remain anonymous. Otherwise, stop your personal attack because a few of you can't handle my political opinions.

Culprit?  Hmmmm..........never been called that before.

If you want to rain fire on topics, then be prepared to receive fire back. It is the way that public discourse and debate occurs.

I know many of the folks on this site personally; I know many more through their posts and demonstrated knowledge on topics. I respect their positions, and sometimes challenge them. You have posted some strong positions, and what many would consider inflammatory rhetoric, and have been challenged. You have no bona fides established, and when I question them, you escalate to the mods.

Do you want to reconsider that?

Like it says,

We respect your privacy and won't force you to fill out your profile if you don't want to.

Weinie said:
Culprit?  Hmmmm..........never been called that before.

If you want to rain fire on topics, then be prepared to receive fire back. It is the way that public discourse and debate occurs.

I know many of the folks on this site personally; I know many more through their posts and demonstrated knowledge on topics. I respect their positions, and sometimes challenge them. You have posted some strong positions, and what many would consider inflammatory rhetoric, and have been challenged. You have no bona fides established, and when I question them, you escalate to the mods.

Do you want to reconsider that?

For you and the rest of your friends here. P.m me with your personal attacks. I have nothing more to say to you or any of the others than to tell you to bring on the fire. Why not start with the inflammatory rhetoric that seems to be bothering you.

Donald H said:

I won't even ask to have you removed, not that my word would carry any weight anyways. However it does inform as to how much effort I will put to engage with you, have a nice day and be safe.

Colin

Back