• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Mobility rights were not the only rights infringed upon but I don't understand how you think domestic travel restrictions don't directly infringe upon people's ability to freely move to and take up residence in any province, or to pursue the gaining of a livelihood there... or to freely enter and leave the country. Sure this policy didn't effect international travel (there was a seperate policy for that), but domestic connecting flights, along with trains and buses were prohibited. That's not even delving into the mandatory disastrous testing and quarantine measures in place at certain times.
I'm not saying anything, other than what the Charter - all of the Charter - says, including any relevant senior court rulings which I, admittedly, have an incomplete handle on. All actions of the State have to comply with the Charter, but no right is absolute. Has any Covid-related legislation, order or regulation been found to have breached a Charter right?

I'm not familiar with federal transport regulations but I am sure there is one that says you have to wear pants to board on a Canadian-registered commercial aircraft. Infringing on mobility rights?

Saw this about Work Refusals,

Can You Refuse to Work With Someone Who is Unvaccinated?​

I think this opens up a philosophical debate: which is more important, people's right to earn a living, or other people's right not to be sick?

Very thought-provoking. What is your opinion on this matter, mariomike?

A Lancet review of 325 autopsies after Covid vaccination found that 74% of the deaths were caused by the vaccine – but the journal removed the study within 24 hours.

The study, a pre-print that was awaiting peer-review, is written by leading cardiologist Dr. Peter McCullough, Yale epidemiologist Dr. Harvey Risch and their colleagues at the Wellness Company and was published online on Wednesday on the pre-print site of the prestigious medical journal.
This post reminds me of this article I read on Druthers.ca. I will post an excerpt of it, and I will also provide a link to the full article at the bottom of the page. It talks about a letter from the Surgeon General of Florida to the CDC and FDA. It contains similar findings, which I think are quite relevant to the topic of this thread.

Kindly read it and let me what you think, guys.

In February this year, Florida’s Surgeon-General Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo sent a letter to the heads of the FDA and CDC, questioning the safety and efficacy of the Covid shots. He referenced a recent study, noted the drastic uptick in reports to the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), and asked for an honest and transparent answer to his concerns.

The federal agencies responded to the top health official with a four-page “word salad of pandering and gaslighting”, accusing him of spreading dangerous misinformation and disinformation — the canned allegation to anyone that doesn’t embrace the gene-therapy injections as safe, effective and the only way to combat an illness with a ~99% recovery rate.

So, on May 10, 2023, Dr. Ladapo blew the whistle, big time!

In a powerful letter citing more than a dozen studies, Dr. Ladapo exenterates the “health” agencies, accusing the unelected officials — FDA Commissioner Robert M. Califf and CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky — of knowingly forcing dangerous injections into not only the arms of the American public, but the world.

Dr. Ladapo posted the letter to Twitter saying: “When I asked the feds for more honesty and transparency around COVID-19 vaccine data, they replied with a word salad of pandering and gaslighting. Here’s my response. Let’s try again.”

Here is Dr. Ladapo’s letter:

Drs. Califf and Walensky,

Your ongoing decision to ignore many of the risks associated with mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, alongside your efforts to manipulate the public into thinking they are harmless, have resulted in deep distrust in the American health care system. Beginning with Operation Warp Speed, and possibly to be continued with an additional $5 billion investment in Project NextGen, the federal Government has relentlessly forced a premature vaccine into the arms of the American people with little to no concern for the serious adverse ramifications.

It is critical to acknowledge and address the negative global impact caused by the emergence of COVID-19. Nonetheless, after two years, your collective decisions to deny that natural immunity confers comparable or superior protection to COVID-19 vaccination, push mRNA COVID-19 boosters for the young and healthy and delay acknowledging the risks of vaccine-induced myocarditis have only sowed doubt between the American people and the public health community. Data are unequivocal: after the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) reporting increased by 1,700%, including a 4,400% increase in life-threatening conditions. We are not the first to observe such a trend. Dismissing this pronounced increase as being solely due to reporting trends is a callous denial of corroborating scientific evidence also pointing to increased risk and a poor safety profile. It also fails to explain the disproportionate increase in life-threatening adverse events for the mRNA vaccines compared to all adverse events.

Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) own data, rates of incapacitation after mRNA vaccination far surpass other vaccines. This is illustrated in a recent Lancet publication (Rosenblum H. et al.Lancet 2022 – pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35271805) that reports up to one third of individuals being “unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work, or [receiving] care from a medical professional” in the days following mRNA vaccination.

The study, (Fraiman J. et al. Vaccine 2022 – pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36055877) also found an excess risk of serious adverse events of special interest for 1 in 550 after mRNA vaccination. As you are aware, this is extraordinarily high for a vaccine. In comparison, the risk of serious adverse events after influenza vaccination is much lower (Lusignan S. Lancet Regional Health – Europe 2021 – thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lanepe/PIIS2666-7762(21)00006-5.pdf). For you to claim that serious adverse events such as these are “rare” when Pfizer and Moderna’s clinical trial data indicate they are not, is a startling exercise in disinformation.

I want to reemphasise that these questions could have been answered if you had required vaccine manufacturers to perform and report adequate clinical trials. Although Project NextGen has been launched under another administration, I anticipate with regret, that you will repeat past mistakes and prematurely promote new therapies to Americans without accurately and truthfully weighing data on risks and benefits.

In light of your stated commitment to transparency and the communication of the risks and benefits associated with these therapies, I am asking that you publicly:

Report why randomised clinical trials were not required prior to the approval of mRNA COVID-19 boosters, including the new bivalent booster.

Explain why adverse events first detected in the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) safety surveillance system in 2021 were not published in scientific literature until December of 2022. (Hui-LeeWong et al.Vaccine 2023-pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36496287)

Full article: Surgeon General of Florida: ‘Unsafe Vaccines’ Were Forced ‘Into Arms of the American People’ – Druthers

If the link doesn't work, go to Druthers.ca, then go to Read, then go to By subject, then go to CDC, and then search for the article titled: Surgeon General of Florida: "Unsafe vaccines were forced into the arms of the American people".

Forced isn't the right word.

The proper term is "Coerced"

Coerce: persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
Agreed, sir.

I am on another forum, talking about Covid related issues. I keep trying to make people see how a lot of people are coerced by the government into taking the vaccines, however some of them think that as long as nobody is being physically held down and jabbed, that means nobody is being forced into taking the vaccines.

I took the Vaccine but do not believe in medical coercion. I will absolutely defend the rights of those against getting a vaccine to be free to make that choice without being subjected to coercion from the State.
I have a lot of respect for this.

Employers were free to decide if vaccination was a requirement and what the consequences of not meeting that requirement were.
If an employer fires someone because he refuses the jab, this is discrimination on one's health status. I know this isn't written in the law, however it is similar to other forms of discrimination in spirit.

I think this opens up a philosophical debate: which is more important, people's right to earn a living, or other people's right not to be sick?

Very thought-provoking. What is your opinion on this matter, mariomike?

The unvacinated were fired. Or, never hired in the first place.

So, there was never a possibility of a Work Refusal.

If you were not vaccinated for Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Pertussis, proof of immunity to Varicella TDP, MMR ( Measles, Mumps, Rubella ), and influenza you were fired.

That later included those who were not vacinated for COVID.

Vacination for COVID and Influenza is now voluntary. The others are still mandated.

Those who are not vacinated for COVID or influenza are required "to wear full PPE on all respiratory illness calls."

The unvacinated were fired. Or, never hired in the first place.
This sounds like discrimination based one's health status. And it has actually happened to me. In my city, there is a Christmas market located downtown, every Christmas. I wanted to make some pocket money so I checked out their website, this was at least 2 years ago. And lo and behold, they specified that people would have to be double-vaccinated to apply. I was bothered by this, but didn't do anything about it. It was not worth it. However I just felt that it was not right for an employer to openly say they would not hired the unvaccinated.

The debate never ends.

Those 'rights' you cite might best be considered common law rights, since they are not Charter rights, and I suspect you meant to say a person's right not to be made sick.

I am curious about the angle of "discrimination based on health status". As far as I can tell, "health status" is not a protected ground, at lest federally or in Ontario.

An employer has the responsibility to maintain a safe workplace, both WRT the public and other employees.

It becomes a matter of when rights collide. Was the governments' responses to Covid perfect? No, but I'm not hearing that courts making massive and widespread rulings against them.

No Charter right, and I would argue no common law right, is absolute. The 'reasonable limits' laid out in Section 1 of the Charter is powerful and absolutely necessary to interpret the Charter. Many people forget that it exists.

A couple of interesting substacks today on the need for a full review on how the pandemic was handled and to learn lessons for next time.

Back