• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cenotaph/Memorial Vandalism/Solutions-Laws (merged)

Old Sweat said:
Whether it was form. . . or forn. . ., buddy has probably removed himself for consideration for the Order of Canada for several hundred years

Although he may still qualify for the as yet un-issued Queens Platinum Jubilee Medal...

These statues are bronze for the most part, aren't they?  A pretty good conductor of electricity if I recall?  The answer is a trip to the nearest farm supply for an electric fence box.  Smartens
up the dumbest of sheep and cows, should work fine on the drunken two legged cattle too.

Kat Stevens said:
These statues are bronze for the most part, aren't they?  A pretty good conductor of electricity if I recall?  The answer is a trip to the nearest farm supply for an electric fence box.  Smartens
up the dumbest of sheep and cows, should work fine on the drunken two legged cattle too.
Would that cause birds landing on it to explode or something, or would it work like birds on a powerline?

Meanwhile, here's the "monumental" Ottawa police service news release ....

should be like birds to a power line.  Then again we might get a really cool lighting effect with electricity arcing off

It never ends, does it?

Now the Toronto Star reports that the Soldier’s Memorial Slype,* commemorating St. Michael’s alumni who fought in the World Wars and the Korean War, and which connects Queen’s Park to the quad at the college campus, was defaced by vandals last night.

paint.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

So sad ...

_____
* slype
  noun, Architecture
  1. a covered passage, especially one from the transept of a cathedral to the chapter house.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice ...
Someone has vandalized the cenotaph at Legion Memorial Park in Cornwall.

The culprit or culprits used dark green paint to scribe a scrawling set of initials across the date stamp, marking the time those who served in World War I, World War II and the Korean War.

It’s not clear when the vandalism took place but the act has drawn a furor from people on social media ...
Vandal-Cenotaph-Jul1016-01-Edited-620x264.jpg

"The culprit or culprits used dark green paint to scribe a scrawling set of initials across the date stamp, marking the time those who served in World War I, World War II and the Korean War."

Time for an Earl Scheib treatment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyersVRlEGU

Man who sold a cenotaph plaque for scrap to be sentenced Nov. 21
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/cenotaph-sentencing-plaque-fredericton-jeffery-grant-1.3840444
Jeffrey Grant pleaded guilty earlier to possession of stolen brass plaque taken from city cenotaph.