• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changing from Res to Reg DURING the recruiting process

armygurl09

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently done my aptitude test and interview and medical for reserves. And now just waiting to do my fitness test.
My question is if during this period I could change from going res to reg before the recruiting process is done.  I signed up for Res, but I will be graduation high school in 2.5 months, so I am seriously considering going Reg. Any input would be grateful.

You could try reading the Topics (several) on Component Transfer (CT).

You can also advise your Reserve Unit in the form of a Memo to your Chain of Command that you would like to complete a CT, and then go to the CFRC and ask them to process you.  Keep everyone informed, as you now have a Pers File at a Reserve Unit, that will have to be sent to the CFRC so you can complete your CT. 

Read up on what Financial problems you can face, with regards to changing from the Reserve Pay System to the Regular Force Pay System.

George Wallace said:
You could try reading the Topics (several) on Component Transfer (CT).

You can also advise your Reserve Unit in the form of a Memo to your Chain of Command that you would like to complete a CT, and then go to the CFRC and ask them to process you.  Keep everyone informed, as you now have a Pers File at a Reserve Unit, that will have to be sent to the CFRC so you can complete your CT. 

Read up on what Financial problems you can face, with regards to changing from the Reserve Pay System to the Regular Force Pay System.

George, All good information if he was actually in the reserves now.  And now just waiting to do my fitness test.

armyguru, as mentioned this topic has been discussed to death.  Tell the CFRC/D that you want to change your application to Reg F and they will tell what else needs to be done.  Out.

Back