• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combats in camp

FutureInfantryOficer

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

This summer, Im going to Blackdown ACSTC for my Basic Survival Course and I heard that we are to be issued combats for the 3 weeks we are there.

My Questions are :
  Do I have to wash my combats and press them?
  Do I have to polish my combat boots, If so how?

1. Wash your combats heck yes. Press no.
2. Polish yes black, buff with a brush.

Oh your going to be fun at camp...........

...there's no such thing as a stupid question  Yeah, isn't there someone at your cadet unit you could ask these questions?  Might save you a little grief here and a chance to recover - just sayin.  Good luck (sincerely).

Ummm yeah, laundry will happen, no worries there. My advice is to grab these before you go, everything you need for you combat boots..
180px-Kiwi_with_brush.jpg

FutureInfantryOfficer said:
Hello,

This summer, Im going to Blackdown ACSTC for my Basic Survival Course and I heard that we are to be issued combats for the 3 weeks we are there.

My Questions are :
  Do I have to wash my combats and press them?
  Do I have to polish my combat boots, If so how?

Not unless you want to be known as the "Dirty Billy".

The advice you received above about checking Cadet World http://www.cadet-world.com/cwforums/forum.php?s=a35ff3e9c6acbf227a5b6e57aaf86090 or checking with your Unit is the best advice you have received out of all the questions you've asked.

We're here to help, if we can. There is NO requirement for the members to do so however. You have been all over the board asking basic questions that even first year Cadets should know how to research without coming here (ask your Chain of Command!).

How to polish combat boots?? Sweet Jeebus! If you ask one more obvious question without searching first, I'm putting you into the Warning System.

We're not here to limit discussion, but we're not going to hold your hand either.

So next time someone tells you to check with your Unit, do it! It's good, honest, and timely advice, and will leave NO doubts about the expectations they have of you.

Showing at Blackdown saying " I was told on Milnet" won't cut it. We aren't a official source and everything from the internet should be suspect until proven otherwise.

Start engaging YOUR OWN Officers and NCOs for a change.

Milnet.ca Staff

Back