• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Complaint (& Response) About CF Recruiting Posters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Insert Random Name] said:
Halo reference?

... I gotta stop playing that game.

The spartan reference was to "actual" spartans training children starting at age 7 (?) for war.  Halo (tm) didn't come up with spartans  ;)

Milnewstbay I think you're on the right track!

milnewstbay said:
In that case, this one BEGS to have a kid in loud flowered shorts water skiing behind the boat.....

C'mon, I dares ya  ;D

Photoshop isn't my greatest skill sadly

It's the thought that counts, Rocektry....  ;D

Gentlemen, sorry for the intrusion, as I am new here (only 14hours) and could not resist adding just a touch of female perspective here. 
I hope you don't mind if I post on this one. 

I was laughing so hard, I cried  :crybaby:
There were so many fabulous threads I wanted to add to, however I resisted doing that to you.
Someone mentioned cartoons and although I don't watch current ones, I have recently watched oldies from the 60's and they have actually been altered dramatically for "appropriateness", which of course is just plain wrong!
Not only that, but what about the building sized movie posters that are absolutely everywhere depicting whatever they want?  Money talks.
My point is this:  I have seen all the JTF2 posters and trust me, they are tame compared to other media out there. As a person who has done her fair share of photo-shopping  ;) find a picture of her and post it herewith.  That would be funnier!

:cdn: :salute: I care about what you all do for this country, in support of a man whom I think about, and fear losing with every breath I take. Thank you, and thank you for this site.

Couldn't resist - with apologies to Matt Groening and the fine folks at JTF-2 graphics....

JTF2-BART.jpg

Hah, I'm game.

Someone from Oakley is gonna track me down and sue me for this one.

jtf21po6.jpg

re: the Yoda poster.

"May the JTF2 Force be with you".  8)

Brihard, I bow to your superior PhotoShopping skills - we're not worthy, we're not worthy......

:rofl: Brihard, you have made my day... and I'm sure the days of many others on this fourm. I can't stop laughing :rofl:

No need to get insulting folks...the lady is entitled to her opinion. After all thats why myself and others put on the uniform everyday and those that wore the uniform before us. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't bother because if its too insulting it will be removed. You have been warned!

Milnet.ca Staff

The question arises:

"If a person with a Degree loses their faculties, should the Faculty still recognize that person`s Degree"

Ms Russow has now mentioned Army.ca in one of her own online posts.

A Disturbing Glimpse into the Canadian Military Mind

A Disturbing Glimpse into the Canadian Military Mind- PEJnews. Joan Russow – Global Compliance Research Project

I previously posted the letter that I sent to the Hon Peter Mackay, Minister of Defence. This letter expressed my concern about belligerent recruitment posters in Bus shelters. I have subsequently become aware of disturbing responses on Army.ca.

www.PEJ.org

COMMENTS ON ARMY.CA ABOUT MY POSTING OF COMPLAINT ABOUT CF RECRUITING POSTERS.

RHFC_piper Personally, I see two options here... and these is just my opinions;

1) Just ignore her and maybe she'll just dry up and blow away... Since she seems to be an attention wh0re, this may be the best option.

or

2) Round up her and all those like her (including Taliban Jack), toss them in a sea can and drop it in the middle of Afghanistan... preferably Helmand or the rougher areas of Kandahar... then they'll have a keener understanding of who the "belligerent" ones are over there.
Oh.. yeah... give them a radio too... with a direct line to the CF over there. And when they call for help, and they will, just tell them they won and the Canadian Army doesn't exist anymore, so they have to fend for themselves.

Normally I'd get angry about the sheer stupidity of this person, but I see no point. I figure she's dumb enough to remover herself from the gene pool sooner rather than later... which just means more food for me.

LARRY STRONG ADDED “Another prime example of why we should have post birth abortions”

ANOTHER RESPONDED: Heh... a 120th Trimester abortion.
z
As much as it seems wrong, as I've said before; more food for me. Consider it thinning the herd... Like a cull on stupid/ignorant people.

ZELL DIETRICH RESPONDED To Larry Strong’s suggestion:
Another prime example of why we should have post birth abortions

I find it hard to argue with the sentiment that the gene pool needs more chlorine.

QUAGMIRE ADDED: Perhaps a load that should have been swallowed.

Stay informed.Subscribe and get the best of PEJ News by email. Free.

Prometheus Institute does not endorse any article or comment that is published on PEJ.org. The opinions expressed in all articles and comments are those of the authors and not of Prometheus Institute or the Peace, Earth & Justice News.

Her selected comments certainly make us look like an open-minded bunch seeking open discourse.

For those of you who so generously provided her those sound bites, it's time to step back and look at it with fresh eyes.  If your position is that because you've "BTDT" then you get to have more of an opinion than other citizens, then I believe you are sadly mistaken. If anyone thinks their service in the CF grants them any special rights to speak out in such a manner, you are wrong.  Thrown under a microscope like this, it would not be untoward to slap each poster with a warning under the Conduct Guidelines.

Folks, it's time to grow up.  It's been said time and again that the collective postings here reflect on the CF as a subset of Canadian society.  Well, that is exactly what you have done here, and it is not complimentary.

These situations make me wonder what good we are doing when it can so easily be undermined by a pile-on by this particular Neanderthal mindset.

Now is time for those who have "BTDT" to start acting like the adults they claim to be.

This topic is now locked.  It will not be reopened for further comment.  It may be purged following staff consideration.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back