• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Converting songs saved in iTunes to MP3

scoutfinch

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Okay.... I have like a zillion songs (perhaps a slight exaggeration but not by much) saved in iTunes (all of which I own or have purchased online -- no free downloads for me).  My iPod is one of the 40 gig photo beasts which are relatively heavier than some of the teeny-weeny MP3 players on the market right now. 

I also have a 512 meg MP3 player with a FM tuner which I prefer to run with; however -- despite all of my efforts and google searches -- I can't for the life of me figure out how to convert the m4p files used by iTunes/iPod to MP3 files to be used by my other MP3 player. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or instructions so I can use the little player for running?

Oh yeah -- the software for the little one is MPIO Manager 2... probably the most counter-intuitive piece of software I have ever encountered!

Dude, did you even try?? ;D

Try harder, Google is very word sensitive, so changing the words gets very different results(for the better sometimes).

Try this place

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5907

Ummm... that's dude-ette, dude! :D ;D

I tried a billion times (even with shareware converter software) without any luck. 

Thanks for the advice.  I will give it a shot.

Actually, I tripped over that site before but I was trying to find a way to do it without having to rip a CD given the volume of music that I want to convert.

most of the options I found, I was using two programs. One to convert from m4p(protected), to m4a(not protected). One to convert from m4a to mp3.

There is a way inside itunes to convert from m4a to mp3. I just foget how to do it, and I am at work so I cant check right now for ya.

Back