• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEC 07 a day that remains in INFAMY

• Thread starter Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date Start date
M

MAJOR_Baker

As I was driving to work today I was thinking about what the soldiers, sailors, and marines were doing prior to the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor.   Yes, I know there have been those that say the President of the US allowed the attack to occur and that the US goaded the Japanese to attack (not withstanding they had to cross 2500+ miles of the pacific ocean with a massive fleet to get to pearl harbor), all of which I think is hog wash.  

The it made me think about my cousin, a fellow albertan who was captured and held prisoner by the imperial Japanese.   He died in a prison camp in 1943 either from abuse or execution, we still do not know.   I guess I still harbor resentment for the japanese, not for the deaths of soldiers on a battlefield (that happens in wars), but for the treatment they reserved for our servicemen (don't even dare compare it to what allegedly happened in Iraq or Cuba!) while they held them prisoner.    I believe the statisics are - 80% of all POW deaths in AXIS camps occured in Japanese camps.   I did a little more research and found out that the majority of camp guards were not ethnic japanese, they were Koreans.. go figure.

Anyway, evertime I see an import auto I think about the 425, 000 + Americans who died to give them that choice.....long live the arsenal of democracy ;)    

Having worked with The JSDF in the Golan, i found that the average Japanese were very reserved and polite to all that they have encountered. Prior to this experience, i also had an extreme prejudice towards the Japanese for how they had treated our POW's during the second world war. This experience and others has changed my outlook on people in other countries.

Wow almost forgot about Pearl today....I'm surprised theres been no media coverage of it....maybe they are staying away from it seeing the last time it was focused on it was turned into a soap opera tsk Ben tsk

Back