• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dental issues after release.

Sythen

Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum, so feel free to move it if needed. Also, did a quick search and didn't turn up anything so I apologize if I missed it.

Anyways long story short during my release dental I had 5 cavities filled. Since about a week after getting my fillings I have had an intense pain any time I chew on one side of my mouth or clench my teeth, to the point of it waking me up if I am sleeping. I have scheduled an appointment with a civi dentist for next week and if it turns out to be a problem with the work done, what are the chances of me being reimbursed for the cost of the civilian dentist? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for this sort of thing?

Try the Dental clinic at the base where you released?

Occam said:
Try the Dental clinic at the base where you released?

Since I am now released I am no longer covered so would need to pay out of pocket for it, and as I live in Ottawa now seems to make more sense to see one here.

No, I mean see the Dental clinic to find out about whether you'd be able to claim the expenses at fixing a botched job done by a DND clinic.

Here's the number for the Dental clinic at the Montfort Hospital, which is where the CF Health Services Centre is - (613) 945-1777.

It wouldn't hurt to call the Dental Unit in Ottawa to ask the question.  The number for the clinic at NDHQ is 613-992-7389.  To the best of my knowledge, you are supposed to be released as dentally fit.  Perhaps this would be considered "ongoing care" after release, which would mean that the CF is still responsible for this.  They may even bring you in to the Dental Unit to do the work.

Pusser said:
It wouldn't hurt to call the Dental Unit in Ottawa to ask the question.  The number for the clinic at NDHQ is 613-992-7389.  To the best of my knowledge, you are supposed to be released as dentally fit.  Perhaps this would be considered "ongoing care" after release, which would mean that the CF is still responsible for this.  They may even bring you in to the Dental Unit to do the work.

So you think I should call them before going to see a civi dentist? Cause I know nothing about dentistry so wanted to confirm it was their work that was bad before I went in type of thing..

Can't hurt to call and ask their advice before shelling out the money...

Back