• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deputy CO has been charged. -Article 30/March/2023

Was slated to be CO of 33 Svc Bn this Spring/Summer but it a an amended CANFORGEN came out last week last week pulling the appt

Was slated to be CO of 33 Svc Bn this Spring/Summer but it a an amended CANFORGEN came out last week last week pulling the appt
Chances are, even if guilty, he likely wasn't useless at his job.

Criminals who move up the corporate ladder normally aren't dumb, even if they are slimy and disgusting. Harvey Weinstein didn't get to be such a prolific offender because he was bad at his job.

That is quite the oblique sliming of someone you have likely never met, about a case of which you very likely have no knowledge.

But you do you.

I can only assume that you will reach out personally and without an alias to the individual to apologise if found not guilty. If found guilty I would imagine you would also want to come from behind your alias to tell everyone how right you were.

That is quite the oblique sliming of someone you have likely never met, about a case of which you very likely have no knowledge.

But you do you.

I can only assume that you will reach out personally and without an alias to the individual to apologise if found not guilty. If found guilty I would imagine you would also want to come from behind your alias to tell everyone how right you were.
Are you referring to what I said? If so, you completely missed what I was saying.

I was simply pointing out that people who do bad things don't necessarily come across as people who do bad things, until they get caught. Professional competence isn't a sign of good or bad character.

Also, kinda rich to imply I was assuming guilt and smearing someone, then not even quote me so I would be notified that you were casting aspersion on me.

Are you referring to what I said? If so, you completely missed what I was saying.

I was simply pointing out that people who do bad things don't necessarily come across as people who do bad things, until they get caught. Professional competence isn't a sign of good or bad character.

Also, kinda rich to imply I was assuming guilt and smearing someone, then not even quote me so I would be notified that you were casting aspersion on me.
Reposted to include quote:

Fair enough. I guess the Weinstein reference made me think otherwise. And the whole people who climb the corporate ladder inference.

I apologize if I cast aspersions, notified or not, and I am glad to hear that you too believe the accused is entitled to a presumption of innocence until proved otherwise.

It is kind of one of the cornerstones of our system

Reposted to include quote:

Fair enough. I guess the Weinstein reference made me think otherwise. And the whole people who climb the corporate ladder inference.

I apologize if I cast aspersions, notified or not, and I am glad to hear that you too believe the accused is entitled to a presumption of innocence until proved otherwise.

It is kind of one of the cornerstones of our system
I likely should have been clearer in my initial post. I was just putting thoughts out, without considering how they would be interpreted by others. Mea culpa.

Innocent or guilty no longer matters in the court of public opinion and in this day of public perception being the only judgement that matters.

If he is innocent, every mother ( yes mothers have opinions) will always judge the person by what they see on google.

People will think of safety factor and not want their daughters joining the regiment, the CAF already has a bad rep with sexual assaults and abuse of power.

If innocent this will always hang over his head.

Bail conditions might not allow him to parade or be around persons under 18 ( cadet programs, and some younger soldiers )
If convicted there might not be time to clear the desk.

This is most likely old news just getting out if there was already a canforgen changing the orders.

I stand to be corrected, but Innocent until Proven guilty is a legal assertion, to be applied in the courts. And even then, we weigh an individual's rights against the safety of the public (and/or a charged person's ability to pay bail). It is not something that is honestly and truly believed in from a societal perspective, at least in Western society. We all form opinions based on the facts we have at hand, and move on from there.

But I have also become a cynic with leaders in our organization. Even when CAF mbrs are found not guilty, many times I only interpret that as there wasn't adequate proof for a conviction, not that they didn't do it, specifically for sexual misconduct related charges.

Back