• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

devils brigade

wildman0101

Inactive
Mentor
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
this is in regards the reformation of this brigade with regards
8-ch,2 rcha,2 svc battalion,airborne transferred to petawawa
1975 or there abouts...the brigade was dubbed ssf :salute:
special service force
im trying to put a documentary with regards above
any info would be greatly appreciat
anyone got old photos ww1 ww2 korea cyprus egypt
ferretts,lynks,old armour..allways wanted to try a bren gun carrier
they looked like theyd be a blast :warstory:
ask ernie the perv and dave tibbs bout our trip to the turk side cyprus
best regards all

scoty

1 RCR at CFB London was also a part of the SSF.
Also during most of this time 1 RCR also held the NATO, AMF role.

The original 'Devils Brigade' (modern era) was the combined Canada/US force created during WW II and called the Special Service Force.  How did these units you listed claim their title?

Centurian1985 said:
The original 'Devils Brigade' (modern era) was the combined Canada/US force created during WW II and called the Special Service Force.  How did these units you listed claim their title?

As someone who served in the brigade in the late 70's/ early 80's the designation of the brigade name came from those with a much higher pay grade than me. Maybe as a link to our history? Many military units worldwide have been resurrected after being disbanded.
Our brigade was called the SSF.

Pro Patria

Centurian1985 said:
The original 'Devils Brigade' (modern era) was the combined Canada/US force created during WW II and called the Special Service Force.
Actually, it was called the First Special Service Force (FSSF). The modern-era one, in which many of us served, was the Special Service Force (SSF).

:-\ i stand corrected  :-\
now lets see if this copy/paste works

Wildman,

Nice summary - Thats the history I knew, which is why I was confused when you mentioned other units in Canada that used the same nickname...

:p thanks  :p
took alotta researching.well sorta amongst the beer breaks
was proud to wear that patch

Back