• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disney Florida Discounts For Canadian Military?

Dirt Digger said:
Short answer:  You can try, but I wouldn't count on it.

Long answer:  The current Disney "Salute" promotion is open to the US military, as well as foreign military posted to US establishments.  If you're in that situation, you'll have a US military ID (called a CAC) with a blue band on it.  That blue band is key because it's pretty rare - but the Disney program specifically lists it as being included - to the point where it's highly implied that foreign military IDs are excluded.  It will not be listed on the website that foreign military is excluded, so you'd actually have to call Disney for them to confirm that fact.  (Disney isn't in the business of posting a negative exclusion.)

Now, you may be able to get on a US base with Canadian ID.  You may be able to buy Disney Salute tickets at an MWR with Canadian ID.  However, those aren't actually tickets - they're vouchers.  You have to take the vouchers to a Disney ticket booth outside the gates and exchange them for tickets.  At that ticket booth is where you'll either be reject or given the tickets.  Policy is "no CAC, no ticket," but who knows...you may luck out.  Just remember that the vouchers are a) expensive, and b) non-refundable.

And also for those that were thinking about trying:  Don't even try to book a room at Shades of Green without a CAC.

Source:  I'm posted to the US, have a CAC and have been to Disneyland, Disney World and a Disney cruise all in the past 14 months.  If you want any Disney trip advice, I know way more than the average dude should ever know about such a topic.

Ok, HMCS Glace Bay and HMCS Kingston was just in Port Canaveral and personnel went to Disney, Sea World, and Universal Studios and were given discounted tickets with valid military ID. I been there as well and received deeply discounted tickets, I never been refused . That being said, its always possible to be rejected.

I just received this from the Jacksonville MWR

Hi, I'm Canadian Military and heading down in the area for a family vacation in the near future. Can I get discounted tickets to Disney, Sea world or other local attractions?

NAS Jacksonville MWR It depends on certain attractions but for the majority of them, yes you can! Please call our ITT Office at (904) 542-3318. When the answering machine picks up, press 0 to speak to a representative who can help you!

So it may or may not be Disney, but you really don't have much to lose.

Chief Stoker said:
Ok, HMCS Glace Bay and HMCS Kingston was just in Port Canaveral and personnel went to Disney, Sea World, and Universal Studios and were given discounted tickets with valid military ID. I been there as well and received deeply discounted tickets, I never been refused . That being said, its always possible to be rejected.

I just received this from the Jacksonville MWR

Hi, I'm Canadian Military and heading down in the area for a family vacation in the near future. Can I get discounted tickets to Disney, Sea world or other local attractions?

NAS Jacksonville MWR It depends on certain attractions but for the majority of them, yes you can! Please call our ITT Office at (904) 542-3318. When the answering machine picks up, press 0 to speak to a representative who can help you!

So it may or may not be Disney, but you really don't have much to lose.

I asked essentially the same question of the same organization and got the same answer priorto a trip to Disney in 2012.  Went, bought from them and like was mentioned earlier I got denied when I went to the park and was unable to provide suitable US ID.  Did not make for a good trip although I was lucky enough to have US service membersI could sell them to so the trip was not a total loss.  Busch Gardens and certain other attractions will accept Cdn IDs for discounts but Disney, not so much.

I think Disney Parks are pretty much restricted to US Armed Services, etc and don't have the same offer for Canadian Forces personnel.  There is an "advertised" discounted offer for Universal Studios at the cfappreciation website, it's under "Discounts".  --->  http://www.cfappreciation.ca/en/Pages/default.aspx

My wife and I travelled to Tampa and went to Busch Gardens last year and we received "free" park admission but emailed them in advance to make sure the offer was available to CF personnel .

http://wavesofhonor.com/

It never hurts to ask but always be on the safe side and "Ask well in advance and if you can "reserve" the discounted tickets prior to arrival, even better."

PS - you can always email cfappreciation and ask the question  --->  http://www.cfappreciation.ca/en/AboutUs/Contact/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx    Sometimes, there are discounts in place, just not advertised.

Schindler's Lift said:
I asked essentially the same question of the same organization and got the same answer priorto a trip to Disney in 2012.  Went, bought from them and like was mentioned earlier I got denied when I went to the park and was unable to provide suitable US ID.  Did not make for a good trip although I was lucky enough to have US service membersI could sell them to so the trip was not a total loss.  Busch Gardens and certain other attractions will accept Cdn IDs for discounts but Disney, not so much.

Well I guess the lesson is stay away from Disney. You can still have a blast going to the other attractions.

Dirt Digger said:
Short answer:  You can try, but I wouldn't count on it.

I would echo Dirt Digger here.  The key to the foreign military CAC card is it specifically lists on the front "Authorized Privileges"  MWR has to be one of those.  The spouse identity card, if you are not careful, will be issued with a big red stripe on the back which says 'Not Authorized MWR, Commissary...'

For those of you that have made it work, and I have in the past, great.  But with significant downsizing and investigations on the effects of future, anticipated sequestrations I would not be surprised if the US only became more enforced.  In the state I was posted to the state government specifically wrote in its automobile taxation laws that the discount (free) given to US Active Duty 'Out-of-State' military does not apply to foreign military serving in the USA.  Look at the documentation on the TSA Pre-Check, on the FAQ the question is given:  "Are other individuals who have a CAC or DoD ID card eligible?  A. At this time, only members of the U.S. Armed Forces — including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard — are able to enjoy the benefits of this expedited screening program."

I am not sure I would want to bet a family vacation on it but it is always a nice feeling when you can get an acknowledgement of some of your time committed.

Treat it as a bonus not an expectation.

Dirt Digger said:
Long answer:  The current Disney "Salute" promotion is open to the US military, as well as foreign military posted to US establishments.  If you're in that situation, you'll have a US military ID (called a CAC) with a blue band on it.  That blue band is key because it's pretty rare - but the Disney program specifically lists it as being included - to the point where it's highly implied that foreign military IDs are excluded.  It will not be listed on the website that foreign military is excluded, so you'd actually have to call Disney for them to confirm that fact.  (Disney isn't in the business of posting a negative exclusion.)

Now, you may be able to get on a US base with Canadian ID.  You may be able to buy Disney Salute tickets at an MWR with Canadian ID.  However, those aren't actually tickets - they're vouchers.  You have to take the vouchers to a Disney ticket booth outside the gates and exchange them for tickets.  At that ticket booth is where you'll either be reject or given the tickets.  Policy is "no CAC, no ticket," but who knows...you may luck out.  Just remember that the vouchers are a) expensive, and b) non-refundable.
MWR should insist on seeing the CAC before selling the Disney voucher; Shades of Green does.  There are other discount tickets they will sell to foreign allies without CAC, and there are also some discounts that are only available to serving US military.

Back