• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does medical RTU = training failure?

eliminator

Reaction score
Just found out that my EPZ date to the next rank is alot different from what I though it should be.
Basically, I got medical RTU'd awhile back and then re-did the course the following year. Now, my career manager is telling me that my medical RTU was a training failure and "reset" my EPZ clock.

Cant seem to find any references that give a good definition of what a training failure is.....

eliminator said:
Cant seem to find any references that give a good definition of what a training failure is.....

A failure to complete training?

I can check my references when I get back to work on Monday for you.

Technoviking will know the letter of the law but I find that very difficult to believe.

The practical application that I have seen with peers is that medical RTUs were not treated the same as trg RTUs.

I have personally been injured off a course that a peer failed, and now I get my annual incentives months before he does (we started at the same time).

I can see him perhaps telling you that the Medical RTU was a "Cease Training"; but not calling it a "Training Failure".  If that is not the case, it looks like your Career Manager may not be familiar with the regulations.

Back