• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

equipment issued for infantry?

GIJAY

Inactive
Reaction score
After I am finished my BMQ i will move on to BIQ and I am just wondering what type of equipment is issued to you. I have read quite a bit about the bayonets but no real information on who carries them and when? Also what about sidearms? My original thought was only officers carry a sidearm. Is that true? If anyone could just let me in on what Infanteers get to play with that would be much appreciated:)

GIJAY said:
After I am finished my BMQ i will move on to BIQ and I am just wondering what type of equipment is issued to you. I have read quite a bit about the bayonets but no real information on who carries them and when? Also what about sidearms? My original thought was only officers carry a sidearm. Is that true? If anyone could just let me in on what Infanteers get to play with that would be much appreciated:)

Every soldier is supposed to carry a bayonet. As for pistols/sidearms Senior NCM's and up carry them.

Your current scale of equipment will be the same for BIQ.

Nfld Sapper said:
Every soldier is supposed to carry a bayonet. As for pistols/sidearms Senior NCM's and up carry them.

Your current scale of equipment will be the same for BIQ.
[pedantic mode on]
GPMG Gunners are supposed to be issued pistols. 
MPs have pistols to (obviously)
"Senior NCM" is a misnomer.  I think you meant Sr. NCO.  Well, that's only false.  As for "who get's what", just wait and see.

Uhhh.... no offence but.... have you tried to use the serarch engine before asking that question?  Things tend to stick in your memory a lot better when you carry out your own searches.

However - If you need a sidearm, you get a sidearm - if you don't.....
(but you will get to qualify on the BHP while undergoing trg)
Bayonnet - well, gee..... if you have your rifle and mags and you are in the field - of course you will have your B.......

Now - do your own research

BTW - welcome to the forum - time to get wet!

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
[pedantic mode on]
GPMG Gunners are supposed to be issued pistols. 
MPs have pistols to (obviously)
"Senior NCM" is a misnomer.  I think you meant Sr. NCO.  Well, that's only false.  As for "who get's what", just wait and see.

Ok let me rephrase that then....

In my unit pistols are only issued to ther SR NCO's and officers. To be specific only the SQMS and TC's seem to get one.

As for the GPMG Gunners I didn't know they where issued pistols. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Nfld Sapper said:
In my unit pistols are only issued to ther SR NCO's and officers.
So, your warrant officers don't get pistols?  (sorry, again, couldn't resist, for of course you know that Sr NCO's are all sergeants, and warrant officers are those NCMs of the rank of Warrant Officer, Master Warrant Officer and Chief Warrant officer, right) ;)

But, you're right.  It's about the same all round, but I think that more and more pistols are issued to more and more people.  BTW: we need a new pistol.

My apologies to all.  It's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG course!  It's over, and I'm still at the PFC, awaiting my flight (TOMORROW!!!!)

Still, we need a new pistol, my course be damned!

Back