• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

escape and evade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brygun,

I was just suggesting that learning what plants are or are not edible would not be necessary in an evasion situation, since your SERE map would have all that info for you for that specific area.

Strike said:
Brygun,

I was just suggesting that learning what plants are or are not edible would not be necessary in an evasion situation, since your SERE map would have all that info for you for that specific area.

FYI, was not referring to you.

Your style of commentary was professional and well presented. Its perfectly all right for folks to disagree in such a way.

Judging from your post you at least have some familiarity with the book.

It doesnt specifically cover EnE, rather matters useful in some scenarios (which is not so far from your view).

My main point afterall was that those interested in EnE might also enjoy the book and it may give you some useful things. Not that it taught EnE.   ::)

Afterall outside of an exercise on EnE a real EnE situation may involve survival issues, like finding water. For example the real EnE starts when "downed" more than 50km from friendlies without a radio or canteen. Getting water some time in the EnE would really  be helpful  ;)

You know Brygun, you've come a long way from your first post where you couldn't do a chinup, to now handing out lectures on army.ca posting etiquette and having at it with some very experienced military personell. I especially like the way you are bashing posters and the board all in one. Listen, people don't need YOU to help them with their posting etiquette on here, if there is a problem, rest assured that the mods will sort it out. I don't give a monkey flying **** about other boards and how it's run, here the senior members get respect. As for the book, yeah I read it, way back when and I can't remember crap out of it, except how to get water out of a fish backbone. I suspect if your really in the crap, the last thing you'd be concerned about is catching a fish. Also if you read McNabbs book BTZ (which is mostly bullsh** of course) you may remember that all those SAS guys didn't use any fancy tricks while on the run from the Iraqi's they just ran and got water out of any immediately available source. They didn't dig a hole and urinate in it to catch the evaporation, know why? They would have been caught and killed. Arrggh, why do I bother.

edited for language

Brygun said:
FACT: The book is to big to fit in a pocket. Conclusion: You dont know a thing about this book.

Oh joy, another paperback SME been there and done that poster here. Danger Will Robertson (arms flail)

Okay lad, to what are you basing your experience on?

FACT (as you put it): I have had this book since 1996, originally buying one in 1993 and lending it out and not getting it back. It is definatly NOT pocket sized, although soft cover. You seem to be drawing your espertise from a book and not the real world. Making igloos ::). Thats a classic  ;) . Just what military experience do you have? I bet war movies and 'book's. You have another 'empty' profile' and that tells us alot. try having enough intestinal fortitude and fill it in why dont ya!

FACT: Pull your head in boy, before you fuck yourself on here quicksmart. Paper wannabee warriors full of fantasy speculation AND with a what appears to be a growing attitude don't cut it here son.

Suck it up or MOVE on. If ya wanna piss with the big dogs, ya better get a Coke crate to stand on, you got a long row to ho.

Wesley H. Allen said:
Oh joy, another paperback SME been there and done that poster here. Danger Will Robertson (arms flail)

Okay lad, to what are you basing your experience on?

WES:

I'm gonna take a guess.....it's just a guess but i smell another "know-it-all" cadet here.  Probably an air cadet who just finished aircrew survival course at some summer trg center and thinks he is now the light of the world. 

Wow, whole lot more dolts around than ya could have first thought. Recommend a book to someone and its amazing how many gotta take a shot to feel big throwing weight around. Grow up, "suck it up" yourselves. Its a recommendation for a book. Bullying days ended a long time ago. Get your homones out on someone else. Its a book recommendation, nothing more nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back