• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EX Maple Flag 2012

WingsofFury said:
Anyone else noticing a red tinge to the photos above?

It's very very slight, and if you hadn't said anything I'd be hard pressed to notice it.

That refuelling shot is fantastic. Please keep posting! This is great eye-candy for us.

What makes you tend to use f/7.1? Is it a sharpness thing or a depth-of-field thing? I've noticed on my Nikon lenses that they all have an aperture "sweet spot" that gives me the sharpest image... Is that true for Canon glass too?

CDN Aviator said:

Heesh, taking over my thread??  ;D

He's right though, and given he's operated better camera's than I ever will, I yield to his understanding. :)

On a photography note, I've found that each lens has its own sweet spot but ultimately it comes down to what you want the picture to look like and what it is you're trying to convey to the viewer.  One of my favorite things is to set the F stop higher to really blur the background which gives the viewer a truer sense of the speed along with the ability to focus on what matters the most - the plane.

I've got a couple of trips planned to the east coast in August, which I hope will include a stop at Shearwater and Greenwood for some maritime aircraft fun.  Along with that, I plan on attending the air show in PEI as well which should be a good time with the Blue Angels performing there.

I'll definitely try posting some more photos from Flag below for all to see, might try to post some static shots.  Hope that's ok?

Hehehe...

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

My nemesis bird...finally got her.

IMG_0495.jpg

Home, AETE home on the range...

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

Herc Tanker dashboard

IMG_2295.jpg

Those french mirages actually stopped in Thunder Bay for 2 days.  The probe on one of the Mirage jets broke off while attempting to fuel somewhere in Northern Ontario. Pilot seemed quite stirred!

Was quite the treat

"My nemesis bird...finally got her."

- I'm guessing it was your nemesis because it was never around to get a picture of. It's our nemesis as it's one of our top 3 most uncooperative aircraft at home. (Although it was pretty good for Maple Flag. And it works very good on TD's for some reason) Glad you got a shot of it as it's gone and won't be back for quite awhile. Hopefully it leaks less when it gets back!  ;D

WingsofFury said:
I've got a couple of trips planned to the east coast in August, which I hope will include a stop at Shearwater and Greenwood for some maritime aircraft fun.  Along with that, I plan on attending the air show in PEI as well which should be a good time with the Blue Angels performing there.

I'm gonna be in Summerside this weekend visiting the inlaws. If I get a chance to get to the show, I'll see if I can track you down.

WingsofFury said:

Swing by the Griffon static...I'll be the one shooting with Sony glass :)

Back