• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Exophoria and vision standards

lstpierre

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Ok this is a really technical question so I probably won't be able to get the answer I'm looking for, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

I have just completed my second eye test since starting the recruitment process because I have been on the merit list for a closed trade for over a year, so I had to redo the eye test. When I completed it last year, I was assessed a V2 and everything was fine.

Now, I retook the test with the same opthamologist, and he gave me V2 once again, which is the minimum required for my trade. This time, however, he wrote on the form which I have a copy of (direct quote):

"Because of exophoria, I think may be unsuitable for aircrew. BUT SHOULD BE OK"

So basically, we have 2 positive things (V2 and SHOULD BE OK) and 1 negative thing (I think may be unsuitable for aircrew)

At what point is exophoria (apparently its a minor muscular imbalance in the eyes) going to be a problem, since he already recommended me as a V2? Will it come back to haunt me in the air factor or something?

Any stabs at this one would be great, I can't find anything about exophoria and its impact on the medical standards on these forums.

Thanks

It'll be up to the opthalmologist at AUMB in Toronto to make the decision, should you get that far in Aircrew Selction.

Best I can do for you.

MM

Back