• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Exploring Career Paths: Transitioning from Electronics to Military Logistics

Maw

Reaction score
Hi !
I am a 17 years old and currently studying electronics at Cégep de Saint-Laurent, but I feel that the program isn't right for me. I would like to redirect my path toward the military to work as a logistics officer, but I am worried that it might be a dangerous job since I could be required to work in conflict zones.

I’m grateful for any insights you can share—thank you!

Hi !
I am a 17 years old and currently studying electronics at Cégep de Saint-Laurent, but I feel that the program isn't right for me. I would like to redirect my path toward the military to work as a logistics officer, but I am worried that it might be a dangerous job since I could be required to work in conflict zones.

I’m grateful for any insights you can share—thank you!
Hey,

Before a member of the CAF is sent to a theater(conflict zone) they are trained, and prepared for what they will likely encounter. Risk/danger is part of the job, but it's not constant, and it's managed in a way that reduces the risks to members.

There is no guarantee that life will be safe, whether in Canada or anywhere else. So you need to ask yourself, is serving your country, and getting paid well worth a realistically minimal risk?

Back