• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

favorite PO's to either teach or be taught

what is your favorite PO's in the cadet manuals

• Drill

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Citizenship

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • fundimential training

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Map and compass

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Physical Fitness

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Leadership

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Public Speaking

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Instructional Techniques

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Marksmanship

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Bushcraft

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Air crew survival

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Sailing

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Gettin' er back on track! :)

Anyone else enjoy the feeling of teaching a drill lecture when the cadets really nail it?

Sgt Saorse said:
Gettin' er back on track! :)

Anyone else enjoy the feeling of teaching a drill lecture when the cadets really nail it?
Agreed the feeling is great!

I personally really enjoyed teaching Leadership. I loved it when my cadets would learn a new skill, or gain confidence to help their section, or the rest of the corps out! Watching them gain leadership skills sure made me feel like I was doing my job. But I can't say I didn't enjoy teaching drill too. I very much enjoyed doing drill, and always went home pleased after a parade night where my cadets got the new drill movement just right!  ;D

I really enjoyed teaching POEO 403.04 Assemble a survival Kit.

When I see the Green stars eyes light up like Christmas trees when I show them how to waterproof they're own matches and then test them after soaking them in water.. Great feeling!

Dano said:
I really enjoyed teaching POEO 403.04 Assemble a survival Kit.

When I see the Green stars eyes light up like Christmas trees when I show them how to waterproof they're own matches and then test them after soaking them in water.. Great feeling!

how do you do that? i don't think I have been taught that before.

i like seeing all the different ways of starting a fire. has anyone tried Vaseline and cotton balls before?

-Hutch- said:
how do you do that? i don't think I have been taught that before.

i like seeing all the different ways of starting a fire. has anyone tried Vaseline and cotton balls before?

You just put candle wax over the matches...

condor888000 said:
Go 414.......all I'm saying......

414 defiantly, I also like 418 because even a monkey can learn it I like 417 because that's my future career of choice with the CF.
I loathe 413... to quote me while I was on ITAC, in ground school, and studying 10 minutes before the start of the entrance exam, "$@#^ing clouds! You all look the #$%@ same!"

And to those of you not quite familiar with the wonderfull world of cadets:
413-meteorology
414-principles of flight
417-navigation
418-Radio comms

Well...because I'm on the "taught" end (only a corporal) I've always loved Drill and Leadership. We've have some pretty amazing WO's and above that make the classes fun but you learn a lot. Most kids at our corps don't like drill so they purposely don't even try...gr it makes me so mad! How hard is it to lift your knee up on a 90* angle?...Oh well some people are there because they want to be and some are there because they are forced into it. What Can You Do?.... :-\

1913_Cpl

F/Sgt Kessler said:
414 defiantly, I also like 418 because even a monkey can learn it I like 417 because that's my future career of choice with the CF.
I loathe 413... to quote me while I was on ITAC, in ground school, and studying 10 minutes before the start of the entrance exam, "$@#^ing clouds! You all look the #$%@ same!"
Yeah 418's easy, just move mic to lips and talk.......417 is nice too, TV Makes Dumb Cadets! All you need to know.......
Met......:rage: Clouds should all be destroyed at birth.......or condensation......

condor888000 said:
Yeah 418's easy, just move mic to lips and talk.......417 is nice too, TV Makes Dumb Cadets! All you need to know.......
Met......:rage: Clouds should all be destroyed at birth.......or condensation......
Well, I have a plan. We could speed up global warming they by raising the temperature of the atmoshphere so high that water vapour could not condense and must remain a gas. The only problem with this plan is we would then most likely have to come up with a new set of icao standards!

Back