• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fitness for Operational Requirements of CAF Employment ( FORCE )

Vimy_gunner said:
The army shouldn't even have to implement these week one requirements to stay.  If you're wanting to be a soldier, you're taking on the responsibility to be one of the fitter people in Canada, given the requirements of the job.  I'm going Reserve, but if your going reg. F you should make sure that you can destroy the minimum standards prior to even arriving.  Instead of puking on the sidelines, you'll be shooting hoops after certain days (just an expression.  If your fit enough, even Basic won't destroy you.

So let me get this straight....you are applying to the Reserves, and not in yet?  How is it you feel like you have one sweet fuckin clue about anything in the military, BMQ included?  You haven't even done a Reserve BMQ but you have the secret to success for a Reg Force one??

Right. 

If your worried about making the minimum requirements or passing at the end of eight weeks; make sure you don't.  Essentially, put yourself through Basic before you get there!  Just another day in the life of .... :)

Ok, so go ahead and explain from wakey to kip-out time the day a BMQ candidate experiences...and not from reading, from your own, personal experience...

Lol, hopefully this hits home with at least a few.  It's meant to be inspirational!

What is hitting home is that you should quite giving advice on things you haven't done.  Do you go to the cockpit on the plane you are flying on and say to the pilots "ok boys, here's how you should be doing this..."

Eye In The Sky said:
So let me get this straight....you are applying to the Reserves, and not in yet?  How is it you feel like you have one sweet ****** clue about anything in the military, BMQ included?  You haven't even done a Reserve BMQ but you have the secret to success for a Reg Force one??

Right. 

Ok, so go ahead and explain from wakey to kip-out time the day a BMQ candidate experiences...and not from reading, from your own, personal experience...

What is hitting home is that you should quite giving advice on things you haven't done.  Do you go to the cockpit on the plane you are flying on and say to the pilots "ok boys, here's how you should be doing this..."

I played professional soccer for many years along with College soccer and what we did would make BMQ seem a cakewalk at times.  That wasn't just for eight weeks either.  Just about all year long, training that hard.  Having been through an experience where I know how important fitness is to success, I'd say I can encourage others to do the same.

There is no gray area and it doesn't matter what tasks are specifically performed.  It's actually quite simple, the fitter you are, the easier the daily course becomes.  That's just common sense my friend.

You just don't get it, do you?

Get this: quit posting out of your arse or go into the Warning System.

Scott
Army.ca Staff

Vimy_gunner said:
I played professional soccer for many years along with College soccer and what we did would make BMQ seem a cakewalk at times.  That wasn't just for eight weeks either.  Just about all year long, training that hard.  Having been through an experience where I know how important fitness is to success, I'd say I can encourage others to do the same.

There is no gray area and it doesn't matter what tasks are specifically performed.  It's actually quite simple, the fitter you are, the easier the daily course becomes.  That's just common sense my friend.

How do you know what PT in BMQ is like, and that it is a cakewalk, if you haven't done it?  Did you carry a rucksack 13km in soccer?  FTXs?  Sleep and perhaps food deprivation?  PT in the morning, PT classes during the day, up to 13 floors of stairs to climb numerous times a daym with and without equipment, pushups for little mistakes, obstacle courses, plus marching around EVERYWHERE, drill classes, etc??

It DOES matter what tasks are performed, there is a gray area, and I can say that not everyone that is in shape finds the BMQ course easy. 

While generally speaking,  yes the better the condition you are in before BMQ, the better able you are likely to handle the physical side of it, that can also lead to thinks like cockiness, attitude and the "I am better than you" mentality that, once seen by the staff, can pretty much assure you will have anything BUT an easy time.

I'll toss my two cents into the ring having gone through good ole CFLRS. So much of the process is mental. I have watched the strongest and fittest be reduced to tears (no kidding, it was awkward, I have to say!). Likewise, I have seen people out of shape push themselves far harder than the cocky "fit guys". They knew what they wanted, and they pushed passed it.

Were they the fittest? No.

Were they the fastest? Hell No.

Did they keep pushing against all else? Hell yes.

That is what I have seen make, or brake, the true soldier. I am not saying that I am a know-it-all. I have seen my fair share of pumps pas through, likewise I have seen enough "fit-enough" guys make it through. Ninety percent of everything in the military, however, is mindset, and those who have it are truly the star players.

This is, of course, my own opinion. Not to be confused with reality.

;-)

-H

It will never be a cake walk, I believe.  Just by watching Basic Up Reloaded, I can see the challenge of PT.  Those folks shown in many episodes passed CF express test and thus reasonably fit, but look on how many of them almost cried when MCpl. Vaters led them doing push ups. 

I just find something that my be useful, even though the sit up procedure is slightly different. 

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/campaigns/fitness/techniques/

Happy training,
:camo:

goldenhamster said:
It will never be a cake walk, I believe.  Just by watching Basic Up Reloaded, I can see the challenge of PT.  Those folks shown in many episodes passed CF express test and thus reasonably fit, but look on how many of them almost cried when MCpl. Vaters led them doing push ups. 

I just find something that my be useful, even though the sit up procedure is slightly different. 

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/campaigns/fitness/techniques/

Happy training,
:camo:

Thanks a million for this... Proper technique for me isn't so good.. not to mention finding a correct beep test in order to train properly. Thanks for the link :salute:

EDIT : I also love the fact that it will give you a fitness plan  >:D This link is like finding gold when your getting ready for possible BMQ.

Hi, I'm 32 and if I happened to fail any of the test requirements would I be eligable for "RFT"? I was told earlier that you have to be over 35 to qualify for "RFT" , of course I don't plan on failing but It's just something I wanted to clarify.

Also I should add that I'm 5'11, when I applied I weighed 266lbs , I now weigh 228lbs and I hope to reach my goal of 200lbs before I go for BMQ, this leads me to my second question. Has anyone seen overweight people in BMQ?

Thanks

PMedMoe said:
Not true.  Age has nothing to do with it.
Thanks for your reply Moe. It's a relief to hear that because I was told by a Captain recently that because I am under 35 yrs of age I wouldn't qualify for "warrior troop" if I didn't pass the test and ultimately would be withdrawn.  I've been so worried about this because my application seems to be moving quite fast. Today my references were called and that's the last thing that had to be done so I'm thinking I could get a call anytime.

DavieRocket77 said:
Thanks for your reply Moe. It's a relief to hear that because I was told by a Captain recently that because I am under 35 yrs of age I wouldn't qualify for "warrior troop" if I didn't pass the test and ultimately would be withdrawn.
Well, unless things have changed again, what I gather from this document (page 10), all candidates can go to WPC, but if you are under 35 you must pass the Threshold Test to go.

Don't go in with the intention of not passing the ExPres Test.  Give it your all.

What are the max pushups-sit ups-chin ups and run distances one can expect at BMQ....Right now Im doing 80-60-8 and 6km runs...

You can expect to do your best at all times.  Everyone is expected to give their 100%, regardless of what #s that 100% produces. 

ok.....as max fit as possible was what I was told by both my MCC and PA...

And you couldn't figure it out without asking?

tsokman, you're wearing on my patience.

Scott
Army.ca Staff

Tsokman

Your other thread was locked because you persist in asking the same questions over and over again, and they have already been answered here. If you cannot absorb what has been said before, you're not likely to absorb it no matter how many more times you repeat the question.

All that you are doing is annoying people. A lot of people. It is getting tiresome.

Read more, post less.

And take in what you read. Make some effort. Please.

Thanks Moe for your input.  I have every intention of passing the ExPres test. I've been working very hard to prepare for the journey. I quit smoking, started eating super healthy, joined a fitness bootcamp and also lost 40 lbs so far. I started walking 5Km a day in between workouts and I'm begining to incorporate jogging. This was a "just in case" question that I've been worrying about.  It's just nice to know that if I happened to not be "up to snuff" when the time comes, there will be help instead of just  being merely withdrawn.

Thanks again guys........I"be bustin my but in the meantime lol

DavieRocket77 said:
Thanks for your reply Moe. It's a relief to hear that because I was told by a Captain recently that because I am under 35 yrs of age I wouldn't qualify for "warrior troop" if I didn't pass the test and ultimately would be withdrawn.  I've been so worried about this because my application seems to be moving quite fast. Today my references were called and that's the last thing that had to be done so I'm thinking I could get a call anytime.

Are you going in as an officer candidate? I've been told that things have changed for officers-to-be wrt WFT. I'll forward this thread on to someone who will have more info on that.

Back