• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Free parking for veterans considered in Winnipeg

ModlrMike

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Free parking for veterans considered in Winnipeg
CBC News
Posted: Apr 18, 2012 11:30 AM CT

The City of Winnipeg is considering giving veterans free parking at street meters.

Mayor Sam Katz brought the motion forward at the executive policy committee (EPC) meeting on Wednesday and it was approved.

More at LINK

------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interesting proposal. Just the same, I've not parked at a meter in my entire time here so...

Warning: do not read the comments.

Windsor has had free parking and lifetime bus passes for Veterans for quite some time now.

Winnipeg is actually quite a bit behind most of the country on this initiative.

recceguy said:
Windsor has had free parking and lifetime bus passes for Veterans for quite some time now.

Winnipeg is actually quite a bit behind most of the country on this initiative.

If we considered Windsor the rest of the country I would agree.  :p

That is cool to know though.  Anyone else want to chime in with their locale having these niceties.  It would be good to know for vets living in or moving to those areas.

London has had free metered parking since 06.  The only requirement was a veteran plate.

MJP said:
If we considered Windsor the rest of the country I would agree.  :p

That is cool to know though.  Anyone else want to chime in with their locale having these niceties.  It would be good to know for vets living in or moving to those areas.

Is this based on the Veterans license plates or what?

GAP said:
Is this based on the Veterans license plates or what?
Yup.  Municipal lots and meters are free as are some private lots.

We've had it for a while...

http://www.reddeer.ca/NR/rdonlyres/E81E6E11-125F-4844-8681-02A3662C95D0/0/VeteranParkingPassApplication.pdf

Back